• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Past injury - now having complications

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

babyjane8673

Colorado - 7 years ago, March 3rd, 2003, my ex-husband beat me up pretty good. The cops stayed in the hospital just to verify that my left orbital bone was broken so they could charge him with felony assault. At the time, I could not afford the out of pocket expense it would have taken for the plastic surgery on my face. The Dr's told me I would have pain in my face for the rest of my life and possible experience "drooping" on the left side of my face. I am beginning to experience that pain now and what to have the surgery done. I was part of the City of Thornton's Victim advocates office for this incident. They were willing to pay for this surgery if I had it then. Want to know if I can sue this guy for the money to fix my face.

JETX

Want to know if I can sue this guy for the money to fix my face.
Yes, you can sue him.... however, if he is smart and hires an attorney, it is VERY likely the suit would be dismissed.

Colorado has a TWO year Statute of Limitations (SOL) on personal injury claims.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">