• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Perjury EOP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nirelan

What is the name of your state? IL

During a hearing for an EOP today my wife admitted to committing perjury while being questioned by my lawyer.

The judge did well nothing. Is there anything that can be done about this?

This doesn't seem fair.

Nirelan

Here is the necessary background information.

My wife attempted to obtain an Order of Protection against me in March. However, the case was dismissed at the hearing.

Last year, she obtained an EOP, which was dismissed. Either during or soon after the time she obtained the EOP my wife began carving our last name in her leg, but only carved an "I" before I stopped her.

I asked her about the incident during the trial on March, 12 to insinuate that she is a danger to herself. At the time she denied doing so.
Last week my wife obtained another EOP, upon motion by my lawyer a rehearing was held today.

When questioned about the incident this time she admitted it happened and directly admitted to committing perjury in the hearing for the other Order of Protection.

The judge did not take any action after she fully admitted to purging herself, while being questioned by my lawyer.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Was it the same judge? Did you have a copy of the transcript from the prior trial? Did you put that into evidence/ Did you ask the court to refer the matter to the prosecutor?

Nirelan

Was it the same judge? Did you have a copy of the transcript from the prior trial? Did you put that into evidence/ Did you ask the court to refer the matter to the prosecutor?
Yes, it was the same judge. No, we didn't have a transcript of the prior trial, but she actually said she lied in the last trial. We didn't merely know she lied privously, she stated that she did so.

No, we did not ask the court to refer it to the prosecutor. My lawyer asked the judge to dismiss the case and submitted a motion asking my wife to pay my attorney's fees.

I live in a small town and her actions are not being taken seriously.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">