• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kumquatdelight

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

Several months ago when my fiancé was at work I moved all my stuff out of the house during a day I knew he would not come home because I knew if I told him I was leaving things would get really bad and I was trying to protect my daughter. Now he is threatening that if I do not give back any present he ever gave me (jewelry for birthdays and Christmas), sign off on our jointly owned home and give him 100% of the equity and return several minor items(I don't care about this stuff) he will report me for theft, embezzlement and call social services on me. I know I can file a partition of personal property to take care of the jointly owned home but I am trying to balance my rights and making him even madder and dragging things through the courts for years. What should I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">