• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pfa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ejm243

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pa. My ex has a PFA against me and my question is. My sister sent a card to my ex saying how sorry she was that we broke up, not knowing she had a PFA against me! Am I in trouble?

Last edited:

st-kitts

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pa. My ex has a PFA against me and my question is. My sister sent a card to my ex saying how sorry she was that we broke up, not knowing she had a PFA against me!
Your behavior is restricted by the PFA. You are prohibited from using third parties to contact your ex, relay information, survey your ex, etc. Beyond that, there is no restriction on parties not covered by the order preventing them from contacting your ex by their own iniative.

! I'm I in trouble?
I think you mean, am I in trouble. If as you say you did not initiate the contact by your sister to your ex, you are not in violation. That doesn't mean that your ex might not think you were behind the contact and report it. If you are arrested for a violation, get a lawyer. If nothing happens, just abide by the order. Don't ask others to contact your ex. Don't contact your ex. It might be easier to ask your family not to contact her, to avoid potential confusion, but there is no requirement that you do so.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">