• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PFA/parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rabaker72@gmail

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Pennsylvania

In September 2015 my daughter's husband beat her up and kicked her out, since then she has gotten a pfa against him and had her children with her at first. He then contacted children's services which caused her to have to hand the children over to him on the week days with her having weekend visits. He would constantly text her to harass her (20-30 texts an hour maintaining an attitude in each messaging) always ending with something about the children. It has escalated to him stalking our house to find out what she's doing our where she is. (I caught him just yesterday). Recently a custody hearing had taken place without my daughter's knowledge until Thursday evening when her husband texted her saying the kids would not be there and informing her of that hearing. My daughter's lawyer wasn't even notified of the hearing. We have called police, district attorney, her lawyer, sheriff's department and domestic violence agency (who helped her get the pfa) and they keep telling her the same thing "nothing we can do" or "we'll call him". I've seen this man's behavior escalate n I'm b worried for my daughter. She is also severely hearing impaired. My question is how can a judge hold a hearing stripping a parent of all their rights without notifying them of a hearing? Is any of what he's doing legal in any way?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
She should head to the courthouse first thing Monday to get a copy of the order and make an appt with her lawyer.. I'm betting the hearing was an emergency one.

rabaker72@gmail

She received her copy and another certified paper telling her of an upcoming hearing for her to explain why she want at the hearing on April 6th. Her lawyer told us we can't do anything till the next hearing on May 9th.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">