• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PFA Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBlasek

What is the name of your state? PA

Well here goes. We met online on a BDSM website. We got togethor had some fun. Things turn from just fun to love. Things got screwed up. I kept calling her and texting her. We got togethor one night and played again. The next night we got togethor again. I hit her like we always used to; in a consensual BDSM way. Next thing I now we dont talk for awhile than I called and texted. Next time I saw her she gave me a Protection From Abuse. She claims that night I abused her. She only claimed the one time I hit her. That night I hit her many more times aswell. Non of this is abusive; just a lifestyle. She enjoys it. She got the PFA. I left her alone for 3 weeks. Last Thursday she called me. She contacted me. She wanted to get back togethor. We got back togethor for a week. The following Thursday she wanted to break it off again. I called and texted again. She went to the police. Two of the text messages could be construed as threatening if taken out of context. One of them said I would be scared if I were you. "Im going to do what you said you were going to do to yourself except do it to myself." The other I do not have with me right now. But once again it was taken out of context in the arrest warrant. Friday night she called me and told me to come pick her up. I did so. When I got to her house the police were there. They arrested me for violating my PFA. I have many text's / ims / voicemails corrabarating the type of relationship we had.

So now my question is what do you think my chances are in court? What tyoe of defense should I put up? Thanks for reading and responding.

seniorjudge

CBlasek said:
What is the name of your state? PA

Well here goes. We met online on a BDSM website. We got togethor had some fun. Things turn from just fun to love. Things got screwed up. I kept calling her and texting her. We got togethor one night and played again. The next night we got togethor again. I hit her like we always used to; in a consensual BDSM way. Next thing I now we dont talk for awhile than I called and texted. Next time I saw her she gave me a Protection From Abuse. She claims that night I abused her. She only claimed the one time I hit her. That night I hit her many more times aswell. Non of this is abusive; just a lifestyle. She enjoys it. She got the PFA. I left her alone for 3 weeks. Last Thursday she called me. She contacted me. She wanted to get back togethor. We got back togethor for a week. The following Thursday she wanted to break it off again. I called and texted again. She went to the police. Two of the text messages could be construed as threatening if taken out of context. One of them said I would be scared if I were you. "Im going to do what you said you were going to do to yourself except do it to myself." The other I do not have with me right now. But once again it was taken out of context in the arrest warrant. Friday night she called me and told me to come pick her up. I did so. When I got to her house the police were there. They arrested me for violating my PFA. I have many text's / ims / voicemails corrabarating the type of relationship we had.

So now my question is what do you think my chances are in court? What tyoe of defense should I put up? Thanks for reading and responding.
Q: So now my question is what do you think my chances are in court?

A: Slim to none.

Q: What tyoe of defense should I put up?

A: You have none. Reason: "I hit her like we always used to; in a consensual BDSM way." (You can't consent to a crime.)

CBlasek

Even though I have text's / IM's saying she wants me to hit her? I know I have no legal leg to stand on. This is a first offense for me ... what kind of sentence should I expect? What if she doesnt show up at court?

CBlasek

Well actually. I never hit that girl. That was a relationship that went bad. I was also found not-guilty of the charges.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The long and the short of it is that YOU were barred from any contact with her. She could call you 'til the cows come home - you're not allowed to call her, see her, touch her. Nothing. That's really not too hard to understand.

CBlasek

Well I went to court today. Charges were thrown out. Now do I have to go back to court to have my arrest record expunged?

seniorjudge

CBlasek said:
Well I went to court today. Charges were thrown out. Now do I have to go back to court to have my arrest record expunged?
Check with the prosecutor. Some states have domestic violence registries that keep arrests on them forever.

CBlasek

I will. Thank you. She ended up telling the DA that she didnt want to press charges and made up the abuse in the original PFA. Im hoping PA isnt one of those states. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">