• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Physical abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momma4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

What do I do when my 5yr old daughter tells me my boyfriend is being physically abusive to her when I am away?

momma4

Just Blue

What do I do when my 5yr old daughter tells me my boyfriend is being physically abusive to her when I am away?

momma4
Leave him and report the abuse to the police. If the BF the child's father?

Gracie3787

momma4
I'm sorry, but unless your BOYFRIEND is the LEGAL FATHER of your daughter, this has got to be the dumbest question I've heard in a long time.

Step number one: GET YOUR CHILD AWAY FROM YOUR BOYFRIEND - NOW!

Step number two: CALL CPS OR THE POLICE TO FILE A REPORT.

Is your BF the child's LEGAL father?

momma4

He is not the the father of her but we have one together and one on the way. This is not the first time she has told me about this kind of thing but this time its way worse. I have talked to him in the past about it and I thought things were getting better.

Banned_Princess

He is not the the father of her but we have one together and one on the way. This is not the first time she has told me about this kind of thing but this time its way worse. I have talked to him in the past about it and I thought things were getting better.
You thought things were getting better?

So, you want to wait, until there is sexual abuse, or kid is seriously injured?

What a terrible mother :mad:

Just Blue

So...You have knowingly left your very young child in the care of a "man" that you KNOW is abusing her? What kind of neglectful moron are you???

Hopefully she will talk to a responsible adult and CPS will remove all children from your care. You both will face criminal charges.

cyjeff

Please let us know what happens.

Yes, we are harsh... however, sometimes you need to have the harsh light of truth shown on actions that have gotten progressively worse over time.

SamuelB

Are you really asking for an advice when some one is hurting your son????????

Your mother's instinct should be running away from this man as fast as possible (that is the less to do) the righ thing to do is telling to the police and then run away from him...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">