• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help! I dont know what to do!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crucer89

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I am in a tough position. I am afraid for my life, my kids safety, my familys lives, and for loosing any of my family.

So a few months ago I got a phone call at work from my mother in law, she said my daughter told her that my moms fiance touched her no-no spot, we started an investigation I filed an ex parte against the man and everything, charges were dropped because of lack of evidence, the ex parte order was denied because of insuffiecient evidence to support the order, and because we still were convienced this happened we had him take a lie detector test and he passed. Now here is the thing, my wife and in laws are still convienced that this has happened and are doing everything they can to keeep my mother and the rest of my entire family away, i love my wife and i do not want to loose my kids or my wife, i dont think he did this to my daughter because he really wasnt around them alone at all, i think that my daughter may have said something because she was lead to say it was him, we have had suspicions that soomething had. Happened with my daughter because she has been doing stuff that suggests she has been touched or something, like she tried to put her hand in my wifes vagina when she was 3 in the bath tub, she draws private parts, she talks about no-no squares all the time, and she plays with her dolls and stuffed toys like they are "doing it" she is only 4 years old. Anyways we have been asking her questions if anyone has touched her there or how did she learn this stuff, and my moms fiance we didnt like, he is weird and creepy, that doesnt make him a child molester or anything but still. I think maybe she said his name because she was lead to say his name because of a dislike for him, plus my mother in law has had it out for my family for a long time. I think every oportunity she can get to keep us away from my family she takes. This is what I fear, they have been out for blood on this whole thing and i fear if i say something or start an investigation against my mother in law, i will loose my wife, if i continue with allowing this all to happen i wont see my mom and sisters or my cousins ever again and my in laws may do something that may make that a permanent effect, my mother in law refused to take a lie detector test when it was requested by the show that we were invited on to get this taken care of so she wont if i start one against her, i will end up in a custody battle and a devorce and then i will fear for my life because they dont exactly care too much about the law on this kind of stuff. Now if that isnt too much for you to handle let me add one more piece to this story that makes it worse, two weeks after the origonal investigation begun i learned that my mother has a rare form of uterine cancer to which it can spread to other organs and she is in stage 4 and chemotherapy is not working. I have always been close to my mother till all of this came up. Now i cant see or talk to her without starting a fight with my in laws. If anybody has a suggestion it would very much be apprieciated, I am at a loss, i can loose my mom at any time and i dont want to loose her like this, and i dont want to loose my family either. Please help! I am at a total loss...

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I am in a tough position. I am afraid for my life, my kids safety, my familys lives, and for loosing any of my family.

So a few months ago I got a phone call at work from my mother in law, she said my daughter told her that my moms fiance touched her no-no spot, we started an investigation I filed an ex parte against the man and everything, charges were dropped because of lack of evidence, the ex parte order was denied because of insuffiecient evidence to support the order, and because we still were convienced this happened we had him take a lie detector test and he passed. Now here is the thing, my wife and in laws are still convienced that this has happened and are doing everything they can to keeep my mother and the rest of my entire family away, i love my wife and i do not want to loose my kids or my wife, i dont think he did this to my daughter because he really wasnt around them alone at all, i think that my daughter may have said something because she was lead to say it was him, we have had suspicions that soomething had. Happened with my daughter because she has been doing stuff that suggests she has been touched or something, like she tried to put her hand in my wifes vagina when she was 3 in the bath tub, she draws private parts, she talks about no-no squares all the time, and she plays with her dolls and stuffed toys like they are "doing it" she is only 4 years old. Anyways we have been asking her questions if anyone has touched her there or how did she learn this stuff, and my moms fiance we didnt like, he is weird and creepy, that doesnt make him a child molester or anything but still. I think maybe she said his name because she was lead to say his name because of a dislike for him, plus my mother in law has had it out for my family for a long time. I think every oportunity she can get to keep us away from my family she takes. This is what I fear, they have been out for blood on this whole thing and i fear if i say something or start an investigation against my mother in law, i will loose my wife, if i continue with allowing this all to happen i wont see my mom and sisters or my cousins ever again and my in laws may do something that may make that a permanent effect, my mother in law refused to take a lie detector test when it was requested by the show that we were invited on to get this taken care of so she wont if i start one against her, i will end up in a custody battle and a devorce and then i will fear for my life because they dont exactly care too much about the law on this kind of stuff. Now if that isnt too much for you to handle let me add one more piece to this story that makes it worse, two weeks after the origonal investigation begun i learned that my mother has a rare form of uterine cancer to which it can spread to other organs and she is in stage 4 and chemotherapy is not working. I have always been close to my mother till all of this came up. Now i cant see or talk to her without starting a fight with my in laws. If anybody has a suggestion it would very much be apprieciated, I am at a loss, i can loose my mom at any time and i dont want to loose her like this, and i dont want to loose my family either. Please help! I am at a total loss...
Are they all aware that your mother has stage 4 uterine cancer? In any case, you can and should arrange to see your mother outside of the presence of her fiancé. The same would apply to your sisters.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Yeah, I'm not seeing why you can't see your Mom on your own w/o her fiance around.

As for the rest..... I'd get the child into some sort of counseling (4 is not too young for play therapy, for sure). That should have started a while ago, frankly. It's hard to get a timeline out of your post, so I can't really tell if the allegations came first, or the sexual play with her toys, or the inappropriate touching of your wife (and - Mom has hopefully started wearing clothing while bathing the child).

Leave any questioning to the professionals - all y'all most likely screwed up the investigation by doing so yourselves.

What does your wife have to say about it all? Have you suggested to her that you keep all the kids away from both sides of the family while trying to figure out what happenned? But that, with your mother's being so ill, you feel that *you* need to spend time with her, on your own?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
PLease teach your daughter the correct and proper name for things -- not no-no spot but rather vagina, breasts, butt. there is NOTHING inappropriate about a child knowing these things.
Also children will explore. Many children your child's age have discovered masturbation and there is also nothing wrong with that. If it feels good for them to touch, they may think it is appropriate to touch others there. If you are concerned though get your child into counseling.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I have say, though, OG - I'd be a bit concerned about a 3yo "sticking her hand in" Mommy's vagina. On several levels.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I have say, though, OG - I'd be a bit concerned about a 3yo "sticking her hand in" Mommy's vagina. On several levels.
In or touching over clothes? In yes. That would be a problem definitely. I may have read it wrong. The other thing was why was the stepmom naked with the child in the bathtub?

LdiJ

In or touching over clothes? In yes. That would be a problem definitely. I may have read it wrong. The other thing was why was the stepmom naked with the child in the bathtub?
Its difficult to read but there is no stepparents involved here. Its an intact family. It was mom in the bathtub with the child.

The issue is that maternal grandma, is angry because she believes that paternal grandma's fiancé has molested the child. Therefore mom and maternal grandma do not want ANYONE in dad's family to be around the child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">