• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help (RO in CT)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ms3053

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

My ex boyfriend filed to extend his RO.

He said I sent him an email:

-I run a Facebook group for a Animal Shelter for the city I live in, and he joined it. So when I sent out an email to all my members, and he got the email as well. I didn't know he was in the group. I have banned him from my animal shelter group. He had no reason to join, he doesn't even live in NY where the animal shelter is! I try and help sick animals, and take in donations. This is sick. I kind of want to just close my group with 1K members and growing.

-I have a BLOG on XANGA, and he reads it... I might write some stuff, but never a direct threat. I might say you ****ed with the wrong person, or rather- someone ****ed with the wrong person. Its my blog, why can't I say what I want to say?? Why is he reading it?? I never said I would come after him or anything in it.

How do I win my case? Please help.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

My ex boyfriend filed to extend his RO.

He said I sent him an email:

-I run a Facebook group for a Animal Shelter for the city I live in, and he joined it. So when I sent out an email to all my members, and he got the email as well. I didn't know he was in the group. I have banned him from my animal shelter group. He had no reason to join, he doesn't even live in NY where the animal shelter is! I try and help sick animals, and take in donations. This is sick. I kind of want to just close my group with 1K members and growing.

-I have a BLOG on XANGA, and he reads it... I might write some stuff, but never a direct threat. I might say you ****ed with the wrong person, or rather- someone ****ed with the wrong person. Its my blog, why can't I say what I want to say?? Why is he reading it?? I never said I would come after him or anything in it.

How do I win my case? Please help.
It's not clear what your question is.

Just a few general comments:

What you wrote in your blog comes across as threatening. You can write whatever you want in your blog, but if it's threatening, you could be punished for it. That's the way the world works. You have no reason to comment on him at all in a blog - which is a public forum. He has a right to read it and to be concerned if you're making threatening comments.

If you're sending out information about him to a public forum like your mailing list, you need to be careful about slander. Watch what you say - again, there's no reason to comment on him at all. Just block his email address and ignore him.

Perhaps if you explain exactly what the RO is about and why you care about it being extended. If you stay away from him (as you should), it shouldn't matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">