• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

poss. domestic battery/assault charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SaffronW

I reside in Ca. My fiance and I got into an argument after both of us had been drinking. He has a prior arrest for assault, but has been sober and wonderful for over a year. I was extremely intoxicated and I slapped him and he pushed me away. a neighbor called the police and I gave a report to the police in my drunken state, thinking that if i said i wanted no charges filed, they would listen. There has been no arrest yet, but I am now afraid that charges may be filed against an innocent man. What are my options? How can I prevent this from happening? Especially with priors, this is a nerve racking situation at best!! please help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">