• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnant want restraining order cover me and baby

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JCM18

I live in texas. I lived with my grandparents my mom and my two sisters. The other day my mom was sitting at the table I was standing beside her my grandma bursts in the kitchen with my grandpa trailing behind her started yelling about stupid stuff from the past. When she tried to blame my mom for something my sister and i did 2 months ago (small kitchen fire went out quickly. No one was there except us two. We fixed everything except a small corner of the cabinet which is a little darker) I stepped in and said (let me stress that I simply stated fact without yelling) "That wasn't her fault she wasn't even there it was me and......" She slapped me before I could finish. I pushed her against the fridge to get her hands down because she was already screaming at me get out and scratching at me.My grandpa a former football player and soldier grabbed me by the hair then started squeezing my head and grabbing at my neck I was furious and screamed i was gonna kill him he said how and I then wrapped my hand around his neck too. While this is all happening my mom is trying to pull him off of me and my grandma is scratching at her so that my mom can't stop him. My sister called the cops and thats when he decided to let go of my throat. The cops came after my sisters my mom and i were already packed. They said what happened we said nothing were leaving so they left and then we left. I am 6months pregnant. They both knew I was pregnant before they put there hands on me. But they still did knowing they could have hurt me and my child. I want a restraining order to keep them away from me and my baby when he's born because if they can hit me when i'm pregnant they obviously don't care if they hurt my child. I can't see any bruises on my neck but the right side hurts when i turn it and a small part of my jaw above where my neck hurts is hurting too. I have scratchs on my arm and I think he must have pucnched me in the head where my hair is because it's sore just to rest my head on the pillow at night but I can't see a mark. I want to know if I'll be able to get a restraining order on both of them. They have both hit me once before at seperate times and i'm sure they'd do it again. I wan't to know if i'd be able to get a restraining order on them or would they be able to turn it on me. She already started lying about it to other family members. And if I can get one will I be able to get it to protect my baby just in case they try to see my baby after he's born. And is it likely that the judge will make me pay the court costs if i don't get awarded a restraining order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">