• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Protection order violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JanieB812

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

My ex has been harrassing me for years, but last last christmas went too far and broke down my back door. I was granted a protection order when he did not show for court. over the past 9 months things have cycled from ok, to worse and ok again. Our son went to camp and he came to see him off on the bus. When he is acting threatening, i tell him i will call the police and if he is on my street, he will leave. He does send messages through email and phone and even through the kids when he talks to them about various derrogatory remarks too me. One of the times i said i would call the police, he said my protection order was no longer valid because we have spoken and i was in his presence. My first question, is this true? and second, i feel ridiculous calling police over the voicemails and emails (although i couldnt even post them here they are so vile) but i think i need too. he really will not leave me alone and with him saying horrible things to the kids now i am really just over stressed. I only put up with him because i want my kids to have a dad, but he barely sees them anyway...

mistoffolees

Back to the beginning. What does the protection order say?

Follow it TO THE LETTER. If he violates it, call the police.

You should not be continuing to have contact with him if it's a violation of the order. He could go to jail and you could cause the order to become unenforceable - which eliminates the protection you and your children are receiving.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">