• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Protection Order - Worth Fighting?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

Is it worth it to fight a protection order? Someone took an order out against me. Personally I think just to piss me off which is fine since I don't care to ever see this person again anyway, but I'm concerned that it may look bad on my record. Is it worth it to fight one or should I not even bother going to the court date and just let it be a default judgement? I haven't done anything wrong and really just want this person to go away so I'm really not sure what to do. I'm more concerned about how this is going to make me look. Somehow I feel like fighting it makes me look worse, but I don't know. Advice?

Thank you.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

Is it worth it to fight a protection order? Someone took an order out against me. Personally I think just to piss me off which is fine since I don't care to ever see this person again anyway, but I'm concerned that it may look bad on my record. Is it worth it to fight one or should I not even bother going to the court date and just let it be a default judgement? I haven't done anything wrong and really just want this person to go away so I'm really not sure what to do. I'm more concerned about how this is going to make me look. Somehow I feel like fighting it makes me look worse, but I don't know. Advice?

Thank you.
As a PO can stay on your record forever..Hire an attorney to assist you in this.

LdiJ

I was hoping you wouldn't say that. So allowing a default judgement would be bad is what you are saying?
Yes, allowing a default judgement would be bad. If you really didn't do anything you should be able to get it stopped.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">