• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

protective order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ferrisj96

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My Ex has taken a protective order against me, it states that i can not have contact with her, no exceptions. Trouble is we work togather. I haven't yet got to see the judge and state my side, she is full of bs but thats besides the point. My employer decide that until I reslove this issue, which i cant talk to her or I will go to jail, that I am not allowed at work. I wont get to see the judge for a month, so in all reality I have been let go. I Cant afford not to work, she already bailed on our lease so I'm stuck with that. Is there any way to fight this, If I lose my job over this do I have any rights to fight that too? I need help fast im stuck with a house I cant afford and now I cant work for a month. Please Help me:mad:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My Ex has taken a protective order against me, it states that i can not have contact with her, no exceptions. Trouble is we work togather. I haven't yet got to see the judge and state my side, she is full of bs but thats besides the point. My employer decide that until I reslove this issue, which i cant talk to her or I will go to jail, that I am not allowed at work. I wont get to see the judge for a month, so in all reality I have been let go. I Cant afford not to work, she already bailed on our lease so I'm stuck with that. Is there any way to fight this, If I lose my job over this do I have any rights to fight that too? I need help fast im stuck with a house I cant afford and now I cant work for a month. Please Help me:mad:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
See an attorney. There may be a way to request an expedited hearing.

Is the protective order valid? If not, you may have grounds to sue for her costing you your job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">