• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Psycho Ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kdal1994

sorry I'm new on how this posting worked.
We're in Hawaii, and My boyfriend just got arrested because of his crazy ex from 2 years ago. His ex has been harassing us, creeping on us while we work, and sit outside of our house. We have text messages, video footage from around the house, and even neighbors that witnessed him doing this to us.
The cops took my boyfriend in for questioning and we think it's because his ex trying to get him for domestic violence or a restraining order thing. He has to be in the station till morning and go to family court to talk with a judge. I'm real scared of what will happen cus we did nothing to the guy and he somehow gets the police on his side! My bf is the one with the proof of texts on his phone. Do you think the police will switch to our side when we show all the proof? And what about the judge? Will the judge even bother to look at what he has to show? I need some help on how i can help him get through this. We don't have many friends here that we can rely on.

Proserpina

sorry I'm new on how this posting worked.
We're in Hawaii, and My boyfriend just got arrested because of his crazy ex from 2 years ago. His ex has been harassing us, creeping on us while we work, and sit outside of our house. We have text messages, video footage from around the house, and even neighbors that witnessed him doing this to us.
The cops took my boyfriend in for questioning and we think it's because his ex trying to get him for domestic violence or a restraining order thing. He has to be in the station till morning and go to family court to talk with a judge. I'm real scared of what will happen cus we did nothing to the guy and he somehow gets the police on his side! My bf is the one with the proof of texts on his phone. Do you think the police will switch to our side when we show all the proof? And what about the judge? Will the judge even bother to look at what he has to show? I need some help on how i can help him get through this. We don't have many friends here that we can rely on.
You haven't told us why he was picked up - what were the charges?

Kdal1994

The police wouldnt tell us! They just said we have to take you in for questioning and for your statement.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The police wouldnt tell us! They just said we have to take you in for questioning and for your statement.
The police wouldn't tell you. Your BF was informed of the charges if he was arrested. Are you sure he was arrested?

Proserpina

... then he needs to get an attorney and keep his mouth shut.

How many times did he call the police when he was being "stalked"? Why FAMILY court?

Zigner

They threw cuffs on him and brought him to the station saying he has to stay there till morning.
I suspect there is more to the story than you have related here. I also suspect that there is more to the story than you know.

Kdal1994

We've called everytime he's been around here and wouldnt leave. I have no idea why family court. That's what the officer told me before they were about to drive off. They said they gonna get a statement ask questions keep him till morning and go to family court

Zigner

... then he needs to get an attorney and keep his mouth shut.

How many times did he call the police when he was being "stalked"? Why FAMILY court?
Protective orders in this sort of situation are heard in Family Court in HI ( http://www.courts.state.hi.us/self-help/protective_orders/protective_orders.html )

I suspect the OP's BF is suspected of having violated a protective order issued by the Family Court.

Kdal1994

My bf thinks that it had to do with some police call from his ex while my bf was dealing with an officer across the street from the house because of some homeless guy. The police were asking him if he was at his ex's house but he was already with an officer at the same time while that was said to have happened?

Zigner

My bf thinks that it had to do with some police call from his ex while my bf was dealing with an officer across the street from the house because of some homeless guy. The police were asking him if he was at his ex's house but he was already with an officer at the same time while that was said to have happened?
There's really nobody here can guess about this matter. You'll have to wait and see...

Proserpina

Protective orders in this sort of situation are heard in Family Court in HI ( http://www.courts.state.hi.us/self-help/protective_orders/protective_orders.html )

I suspect the OP's BF is suspected of having violated a protective order issued by the Family Court.
Thanks Zig :)

I'm thinking that someone isn't being entirely truthful. Of course, that never happens .. right?

Kdal1994

Nevermind it all guys! The DA dropped the charges before it went to court. The statement made by the ex to the police made no sense to them but they still had to go through some steps because it was said to be a domestic abuse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">