• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about second Domestic Violence 3rd.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

XavierX

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AL

I was recently arrested for my second Domestic Violence. The first one was dismissed because I was the victim.
I've got court in 2 days (I know.. short time) for a second non-violent domestic violence with no physical harm done at all.

I was taking (by prescription) an antidepressant with many side effects and my doctor had me swap over to 2 others, I believe this led to what happened, because I blacked in and out for roughly 24 hours.

The cops came and arrested due to my mom calling the cops. I was apparently saying a lot of mean things to my wife and mom, stuff that I would never say nor actually believe.

I'm attempting to get a Public Defender (the Judge does not grant/deny Public Defenders until the morning of court)

With this being my second non-violent DV3 charge, with the first dismissed, what should I expect in terms of judgement?
And what perhaps should I do?
I've written a statement and compiled a fairly extensive report from the internet that show adverse reactions including blacking out from taking the medication I was prescribed.

Ladyback1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AL

I was recently arrested for my second Domestic Violence. The first one was dismissed because I was the victim.
I've got court in 2 days (I know.. short time) for a second non-violent domestic violence with no physical harm done at all.

I was taking (by prescription) an antidepressant with many side effects and my doctor had me swap over to 2 others, I believe this led to what happened, because I blacked in and out for roughly 24 hours.

The cops came and arrested due to my mom calling the cops. I was apparently saying a lot of mean things to my wife and mom, stuff that I would never say nor actually believe.

I'm attempting to get a Public Defender (the Judge does not grant/deny Public Defenders until the morning of court)

With this being my second non-violent DV3 charge, with the first dismissed, what should I expect in terms of judgement?
And what perhaps should I do?
I've written a statement and compiled a fairly extensive report from the internet that show adverse reactions including blacking out from taking the medication I was prescribed.
How long were you on the meds prior to the incident?

XavierX

How long were you on the meds prior to the incident?
Roughly 1 month. During my search, people have reported to having blacked out yet been functional, just out of character on the first dose.

And since my first DV3 was dismissed, that is not taken into consideration, am I correct?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">