• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

questions from Colorado

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mtnlvr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado
I had to get an attorney for snapping on my abusive partner. I had also been thrown into surgical menopause and my hormones were all a mess and made me emotionally unstable. My ex-partner wrote a letter to my attorney over a month ago in my defense and he still hasn't given it to the district attorney or spoken with them about my side of the events. Should I be concerned about my attorney?

justalayman

Do you speak with your attorney? If not, then it's time to get a different attorney. If yes, ask your attorney if/when s/he is going to do anything with the letter.

Eekamouse

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado
I had to get an attorney for snapping on my abusive partner. I had also been thrown into surgical menopause and my hormones were all a mess and made me emotionally unstable. My ex-partner wrote a letter to my attorney over a month ago in my defense and he still hasn't given it to the district attorney or spoken with them about my side of the events. Should I be concerned about my attorney?
When you say "snapping", what exactly does that entail? It seems plain that you were arrested for domestic violence even though you haven't said that outright. Do you think your menopause will excuse your behavior? Don't bank on that.

mtnlvr

?'s from CO

yes i was charged with assault DV after snapping. i've endured years of verbal and emotional abuse and took it and took it without standing up for my self. i'm not counting on the menopause defense but i definitely noticed something was wrong with my head after the surgery. i've never been arrested, never in trouble. i've been a nurse for 29 years and am afraid of my future. but in the end i feel its all my fault because i let it go for so long.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">