• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rebuttal Presumption was Never Applied - He won temp Sole Custody!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAisAbuse

So you signed off. Your attorney did what you stated. You could have gone on and fought it but if the recommendations were adopted, you might not have any visitation. I can understand why your attorney dropped you.
How could I have fought it? The recommendations weren't adopted until He and opposing counsel drafted the Stip. The Commissioner called a chambers conference which is when he came out and spoke directly with my father instead of me. Why did he drop me... In your opinion?

Last edited:

PAisAbuse

Declarations and affidavits matter not. Who testified in court? And when were the incidents to which they were testifying? Evidence of collusion? Really? What evidence is that?
NOBODY has testified yet. We go back on 7/20. Look, I hired this attorney to accomplish 2 very important things in my case... File my Declarative Response and show up in court. He completely failed in the former and barely fulfilled the latter.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why did he drop me... In your opinion?
Our opinion on the matter isn't relevant. He dropped you because:

1. You came into our office and stated you did not want attorney to represent you.
2. You accused our office of communicating with your father agaist your wishes after giving us authorization to do so.
3. Attorney does not feel you have been completely truthful with our office.
4. You have accused our office of withholding documents from you when in fact we have not received such documents.
5. You have accused our office of drafting a fraudulant substitution of attorney and trying to force you to sign it.
6. You clearly do not have any trust or faith in our office which is vital to the attorney client relationship.

If I had to guess, I would say that the underlying reason actually boils down to you being a very difficult client who doesn't want to cooperate with her attorney in any way, shape, or form.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
How could I have fought it? The recommendations weren't adopted until He and opposing counsel drafted the Stip. The Commissioner called a chambers conference which is when he came out and spoke directly with my father instead of me. Why did he drop me... In your opinion?
Because you are a difficult client who has a lack of credibility and cannot be trusted to be forthright and honest.

You could have stated you weren't in agreement and asked for a hearing. You didn't do that.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
NOBODY has testified yet. We go back on 7/20. Look, I hired this attorney to accomplish 2 very important things in my case... File my Declarative Response and show up in court. He completely failed in the former and barely fulfilled the latter.
He showed up in court. And if nobody has testified, you have no witnesses. And when did you hire him? The divorce was filed in August 2015. You hired him when?

PAisAbuse

Because you are a difficult client who has a lack of credibility and cannot be trusted to be forthright and honest.

You could have stated you weren't in agreement and asked for a hearing. You didn't do that.
Wait. Stated I was in agreement and asked for a hearing? When? Asked whom?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I'm open to hearing this. Truly. How so? How can he withdraw?
Because attorneys are NOT slaves and they do not have to remain on a case when their client refuses to cooperate with them, has no credibility, and is difficult. I.e. breakdown in the attorney/client relationship.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Wait. Stated I was in agreement and asked for a hearing? When? Asked whom?
You could have told your attorney you weren't signing the agreement and asked for a hearing. You didn't. You signed. Now you are stamping your feet like a child.

PAisAbuse

He showed up in court. And if nobody has testified, you have no witnesses. And when did you hire him? The divorce was filed in August 2015. You hired him when?
My husband brought me back on another ex parte on 4/22. Emergency orders denied. Commissioner refuse to drug test unless I volunteered and only if he would submit. He refused so she didn't allow it. Re-referred to FCS for mediation. I retained new counsel on 5/19 for a 5/27 hearing. He spent 3 hours going over strategy then failed to.follow through and any part if it

PAisAbuse

Because attorneys are NOT slaves and they do not have to remain on a case when their client refuses to cooperate with them, has no credibility, and is difficult. I.e. breakdown in the attorney/client relationship.
I have a stipulation proving I cooperated with him. I have not spoken to him since except for the one time via phone. I apologized for the misunderstandings in the courthouse hallway and left the choice uo to him. He chose to withdraw but sent a Sub. Of Attorney stating the opposite. Why?

PAisAbuse

You could have told your attorney you weren't signing the agreement and asked for a hearing. You didn't. You signed. Now you are stamping your feet like a child.
We had just finished the hearing that morning before the Stip was signed! Next hearing was scheduled in court for 7/20

PAisAbuse

It looks to me like he's already doing it.

Perhaps you can explain why he CAN'T withdraw? Please cite the particular rule/law that says he can't.
I don't care if he withdraws. I hope it's granted. I won't sign a piece of paper that claims I'm requesting to fire him when that wasn't the case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">