• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rebuttal Presumption was Never Applied - He won temp Sole Custody!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I subbed out my first because we were receiving an average of 4 attorney letters per month from My husband and opposing counsel. Opposing counsel received proof of service on 4/21 regarding no attorney of record. The next day my husband filed another ex parte motion. I went in unrespresented. The hearing then (on4/22) should've be set for continuance. But it wasn't. It proceeded.
Doesn't matter. You still would have had three different attorneys in a year. You decided to get rid of that attorney and then wing an ex parte hearing. Did you read the rules of civil procedure? The rules of evidence? Did you read the rules and statutes regarding ex parte hearings? What about continuances? Did you know anything about any of that or just decide YOU WOULD GET A CONTINUANCE? Guess what, that isn't how the world works.

PAisAbuse

You are so full of it. YOU STIPULATED. Now you are blaming the attorney. Your daughter was taken by your own attorney? Now you just said you stipulated -- you agreed to it.

Hence, why have no sympathy from me. You have no credibility. And your name shows how much you think YOU are a victim. You aren't.
The NAME refers to my daughter! You do not want to get started with assumptions when you no ZERO about the details! I'm not a victim... She is. I was one for 2 years and got help for what he did to me. The attorney is irrelevant to me at this point. If you're not familiar, Talking Parents is an email based website that allows for parent communication. His own words are his biggest downfall. The alienation is clear as day, but I can't you you apparently

Silverplum

The NAME refers to my daughter! You do not want to get started with assumptions when you no ZERO about the details! I'm not a victim... She is. I was one for 2 years and got help for what he did to me. The attorney is irrelevant to me at this point. If you're not familiar, Talking Parents is an email based website that allows for parent communication. His own words are his biggest downfall. The alienation is clear as day, but I can't you you apparently
I think you need a nice walk in the sunshine.

PAisAbuse

Doesn't matter. You still would have had three different attorneys in a year. You decided to get rid of that attorney and then wing an ex parte hearing. Did you read the rules of civil procedure? The rules of evidence? Did you read the rules and statutes regarding ex parte hearings? What about continuances? Did you know anything about any of that or just decide YOU WOULD GET A CONTINUANCE? Guess what, that isn't how the world works.
Nope. Didn't even know any of those provisions existed until I began researching. I did not choose to be unrepresented on 4/22. I knew absolutely nothing. I did everything the commisioner advised me to do. I didn't even speak a word that day. I looked for the best attorney I could find. Consulted with half dozen before I retained him. The world does not work that way... At least it's not supposed to. My dad helped pay for him and in less than 8 days, I now owe just under $5000 to this attorney - on top of the $4000 retainer. I do not see a 3rd in my future.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I know you are ignorant about the law and cannot communicate clearly.
I know that without an attorney you have no chance.
I know a lot about parental alienation you have mentioned nothing that is alienation.
I know a lot about the law. You don't.
I know a lot about the rules of procedure. You don't.
I know more than you ever will because you have become entrenched in believing you are correct about everything when in actuality, you are not. Should I continue?

Just Blue

Nope. Didn't even know any of those provisions existed until I began researching. I did not choose to be unrepresented on 4/22. I knew absolutely nothing. I did everything the commisioner advised me to do. I didn't even speak a word that day. I looked for the best attorney I could find. Consulted with half dozen before I retained him. The world does not work that way... At least it's not supposed to. My dad helped pay for him and I'm less than 8 days, I now owe just under $5000 to this attorney - on top of the $4000 retainer. I do not see a 3rd in my future.
I would suggest you take a DEEP Breath ...OG is a Family Law Attorney and also a GAL. She is the ONLY Attorney that has responded to your thread. And tho you may not "see it" now...She is actually helping you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Nope. Didn't even know any of those provisions existed until I began researching. I did not choose to be unrepresented on 4/22. I knew absolutely nothing. I did everything the commisioner advised me to do. I didn't even speak a word that day. I looked for the best attorney I could find. Consulted with half dozen before I retained him. The world does not work that way... At least it's not supposed to. My dad helped pay for him and in less than 8 days, I now owe just under $5000 to this attorney - on top of the $4000 retainer. I do not see a 3rd in my future.
Then you are screwed. And yes, you did choose to be unrepresented. YOU made that choice. You said so yourself:
I subbed out my first because we were receiving an average of 4 attorney letters per month from My husband and opposing counsel. Opposing counsel received proof of service on 4/21 regarding no attorney of record. The next day my husband filed another ex parte motion. I went in unrespresented. The hearing then (on4/22) should've be set for continuance. But it wasn't. It proceeded.
And you didn't take the time to educate yourself on anything to deal with court. You must have thought that since you were the mother you had no issues. Wrong. Dad stands equal with you before the court. He has just as much right for custody as you do. You don't think he does.
Furthermore, the world does not work what way? The world requires people who go into court to comprehend what is expected.

PAisAbuse

You are so full of it. YOU STIPULATED. Now you are blaming the attorney. Your daughter was taken by your own attorney? Now you just said you stipulated -- you agreed to it.

Hence, why have no sympathy from me. You have no credibility. And your name shows how much you think YOU are a victim. You aren't.
I never asked for nor do I need sympathy. I didn't even know what a stipulation was until my attorney insisted I sign it if I wanted.to see my daughter agian! I'm supposed to have faith in my attorney and trust he's doing the right thing. I truly hope you don't have kids that are taken from you under the same circumstances. But you know your rights so kudos.

PAisAbuse

Then you are screwed. And yes, you did choose to be unrepresented. YOU made that choice. You said so yourself:

And you didn't take the time to educate yourself on anything to deal with court. You must have thought that since you were the mother you had no issues. Wrong. Dad stands equal with you before the court. He has just as much right for custody as you do. You don't think he does.
Furthermore, the world does not work what way? The world requires people who go into court to comprehend what is expected.
I had less than.a month to educate myself, find an attorney, file paperwork, and take care of a 6 year old! I put my trust in this attorney. That's the way the world works. We trust our attorneys. We pay high prices to ensure that trust. But you're right.. The world doesn't work the way it should.

Silverplum

I had less than.a month to educate myself, find an attorney, file paperwork, and take care of a 6 year old! I put my trust in this attorney. That's the way the world works. We trust our attorneys. We pay high prices to ensure that trust. But you're right.. The world doesn't work the way it should.
It's shockingly easy to see why your former attorney can't work with you.

PAisAbuse

I would suggest you take a DEEP Breath ...OG is a Family Law Attorney and also a GAL. She is the ONLY Attorney that has responded to your thread. And tho you may not "see it" now...She is actually helping you.
That answers my most recent question about her background. My apologies for.not seeing this sooner. But as for helping? Nothing constructive has been said to point me in any positive direction. Now that I have educated myself day and night, I understand the mistakes I made. But to defend an attorney who clearly has no intentions to do what we paid him to do? I can't grasp that idea.

Silverplum

That answers my most recent question about her background. My apologies for.not seeing this sooner. But as for helping? Nothing constructive has been said to point me in any positive direction. Now that I have educated myself day and night, I understand the mistakes I made. But to defend an attorney who clearly has no intentions to do what we paid him to do? I can't grasp that idea.
Well, that's life. When you're wrong, you're wrong.

PAisAbuse

Yet you are the one who has been harping on DV. You have made those accusations and had NO evidence of them. You need to prove what you are stating. You haven't. Hence, you have no credibility. Continue on. You are on a path to losing ALL visitation but supervised.
I can't prove it here. The other party has not been given a copy yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">