• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removing Restraining Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lylah

What is the name of your state? NH
My brothers ex who left him 3 months ago with their child had a restraining order put on him for abuse (which never happened.) Anways, now she wants to get back with him and has gone as far as dropping the restraining order. Does that happen in a hour? She went to the police station then called my brother and said she dropped it. He doesnt want to get back together with her but refused to meet one on one with her because of the order (which I dont blame him). Anyways, I feel she's setting my brother up. It if took 2 weeks to get a year restraining order, can she drop it in a hour?

lylah said:
What is the name of your state? NH
My brothers ex who left him 3 months ago with their child had a restraining order put on him for abuse (which never happened.) Anways, now she wants to get back with him and has gone as far as dropping the restraining order. Does that happen in a hour? She went to the police station then called my brother and said she dropped it. He doesnt want to get back together with her but refused to meet one on one with her because of the order (which I dont blame him). Anyways, I feel she's setting my brother up. It if took 2 weeks to get a year restraining order, can she drop it in a hour?
Most restraining orders are in place for one year, if there needs to be a modification or a quash, it does not happen in one hour. You have to seek relief from the court who ordered the action. I think your brother is wise to stay away, at least that is what I would do if I was in his situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">