• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

removing restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

farmergeorge

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
about two years my mother was recovering from a surgery and rather doped up on pain killers. I had come home for a few months to help her recover. one morning i woke to her throwing objects at me and her screaming because she thought i had stolen her car. I tried to calm her down by telling her i'd go look for her car. while i was out she had called the police and filled a report to which i had no knowledge of. the next day i was greeted by the police and told i had to leave under a temporary restraining order.
I went to court thinking there was no evidence of anything i had done wrong but the judge granted her a 5 year restraining order causing me to lose my job and under some law i don't understand i'm not allowed to own a gun for 10 years!
recently my grandfather (a WW2 sergeant) passed away leaving me his collection of firearms (mostly old collectibles) to me.

What can I do? do i have a chance to have this removed?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">