• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reopening a Violate of No Contact Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ajgraf

What is the name of your state? Washington

I have a violation of a No Contact order on my record, at the time I was out of work, had no money and had never been in the system before. I had a public defender and they basically told me that my best bet was to make a deal with the state. So I did. Is there anyway for me to reopen that case, it was in 2001 and have it taken to a jury trial. What can I do to clear that off my record?? Please let me know any plausible ideas...

weenor

You cannot have a 2001 case reopened for a jury trial. You pleaded guilty and basically agreed with them that you committed the crime. Others may have more advice regarding pardon and/or expungement in WA...but the general rule is that a conviction does not go away.

weenor said:
You cannot have a 2001 case reopened for a jury trial. You pleaded guilty and basically agreed with them that you committed the crime. Others may have more advice regarding pardon and/or expungement in WA...but the general rule is that a conviction does not go away.
a conviction is after all a conviction it can really never go away, but you can limit certain peoples access to it. Washington has liberal expungement laws which would apply to you at some point depending on the severity of the crime and the time frame in which it occured.

http://www.uslegalforms.com/lawdigest/expungement-criminal-records-law.php/WA/WA-EXP.htm

as always a hiring a criminal defense attorney in your local area that handles this sort of thing is your best option. Good Luck with it....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">