• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kart Racer

What is the name of your state? NM

Hi

The question I have is this and I think I know the answer to it but I want to make sure.

My wife told me if I ever hit her in anger that would be it and have me arrested. Does the same go for her if she was to hit me in anger can I have her arrested?

What about a restraning order for a period of time so she could get help or counsuling?

Thanks

Zephyr

are you guys planning on hitting each other? geez

yes domestic violence works both ways, so if she did hit you you could file a report, and have her arrested and press charges.

Kart Racer

No I dont plan on hit her at all, I know what will happen. Thing of it is that my son witnessed her kicking me! Is there a time line on how long I have to report this? It happen this weekend.

Thanks

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Perhaps a wiser course of action for both of you would be marital counseling and anger management.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">