• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zephyr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

I requested and was granted a temp harassment restraining order against ex-husband's new wife. This afternoon is the hearing. I am representing myself.

She has threatened me (been convicted 2006), stalked and slandered me and my business on line, videotapes me, has created scenes at events....I know we don't do "chances" here but....how likely is it that she could get this overturned?

Since they saw enough reason to grant the temp order does that mean it's more likely the order will stand?

Thanks

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

I requested and was granted a temp harassment restraining order against ex-husband's new wife. This afternoon is the hearing. I am representing myself.

She has threatened me (been convicted 2006), stalked and slandered me and my business on line, videotapes me, has created scenes at events....I know we don't do "chances" here but....how likely is it that she could get this overturned?

Since they saw enough reason to grant the temp order does that mean it's more likely the order will stand?

Thanks
Sorry Zeph..When was the temp ordered?

Just Blue

The fifth of this month, she was served on the sixth, court is today
Depending on your evidence provided, you have a fairly good shot a a RO. Because the 2006 case is so old it may not play a HUGH deal in the RO, but may be a judicial consideration. Good luck...I do hope you prevail.:)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Call me hon. I want to know the outcome. Sorry was in bed before 7 last night as someone figured getting up at 240am was a GOOD idea. :eek: Up at 348 am this morning. Maybe tomorrow it will be closer to dawn. ARRGGH.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">