• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restraining order for domestic abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nicole.wolfson

I want to file a domestic restraining order against someone, but I don't want to affect his ability to get a job in the future. Does have a restraining order filed against you affect your record and ability to get work? Is that information employers have access to? The state is Florida.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I want to file a domestic restraining order against someone, but I don't want to affect his ability to get a job in the future. Does have a restraining order filed against you affect your record and ability to get work? Is that information employers have access to? The state is Florida.
Yes it can affect employment. However if you were really afraid of the person you wouldn't care about his ability to work as much as you would your own safety.

Gracie3787

What is the reason that you are concerned about the person's ability to get a job?

Do you have a child together and you are worried that a RO will prevent CS from being paid?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">