• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restraining order to make boyfriend look good in his case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alicia2001

Colorado. My boyfriends Preliminary Hearing is on July 19th. I've written 7 letters to modify or lift mandatory restraining order with no results. I heard this might be lifted at the hearing. I've been under alot of stress not being with him and have been seeing a therapist and having a hard time dealing with this. Now I hear that in order to make himself look better in his case, he is going to ask for a restraining order against me. Can he do that without anything to go on? I have done nothing to cause a restraining order against me. How can I fight it without hurting him? I don't know how I'm going to handle this. I did him a favor, because I chose to move out of our home due to the fact that he works out of it. Now this. ANSWERS PLEASE!!

S

Sydman

GGOD LUCK!

I live in ohio and if you are talking about a domestic violence case that the state took, good luck. My fiance' tried to do the same thing after making false accusations to no avail. The state is too wrapped up in the statistics that the man is in somekind of control and you will not be able to work it out in the least. In ohio you could not do the guy a favor by moving out unless the courts know about it. If my fiance' was to move out and I go back home I could be arrested for not abiding by the no contact order which depicts not only her, but her property - even though the place is mine and I pay ALL the bills. If you do not have a lawyer to talk to about these things it is not your problem, I am sure if he does that is where he is getting the advice on the restraining order. I do not see where it will help his case by doing so, the JUDGE will be the one who makes ALL the calls. Good Luck!, this all depends on your states laws and the judge in your case. Here in ohio it is not that fair, they would rather bankrupt you than listen to your story. They play GOD here and they took prayer out of the schools. I am a very concerned AMERICAN CITIZEN that has at this time lost all my rights due to crappy legislation. Remember i am not a lawyer and most of the time do not give good advice with our legal system, I have faith that only time will tell where all of are heading. Again, good luck and I am sure you miss your fella. How did this happen?, I also forgot - at my prelimenary hearning we were told that our no contact would be dropped both by my lawyer and the victims advocate, this did not happen. We are still hopeful of getting back together, YOU MUST BE STRONG.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">