• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restraining Order Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goodi2shooz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

My ex's fiancee has decided to try and get a restraining order against me, in order to further his goal of full custody of our daughter. She claims I have visited her workplace several times, given many harrassing phone calls, and even defaced her car while at work. Except I haven't done any of these things... I've had absolutely no contact with her, never met her, don't know where she works or what her phone number is. Can she get a restraining order on just her word alone? If she does manage to get one, can they use this against me to seek full custody?

I tried getting a domestic violence restraining order against him for death threats against me, and because he has a huge stash of firearms he has threatened me with, and was refused because he's a favored court employee.
How could I get turned down, and hers get approved other than corruption in the system? And please don't tell me this doesn't happen.. because he is good friends with the mediators, judges, and clerks in our custody case, and he got exactly what he wanted.

Just Blue

My ex's fiancee has decided to try and get a restraining order against me, in order to further his goal of full custody of our daughter. She claims I have visited her workplace several times, given many harrassing phone calls, and even defaced her car while at work. Except I haven't done any of these things... I've had absolutely no contact with her, never met her, don't know where she works or what her phone number is. Can she get a restraining order on just her word alone? If she does manage to get one, can they use this against me to seek full custody?

I tried getting a domestic violence restraining order against him for death threats against me, and because he has a huge stash of firearms he has threatened me with, and was refused because he's a favored court employee.
How could I get turned down, and hers get approved other than corruption in the system? And please don't tell me this doesn't happen.. because he is good friends with the mediators, judges, and clerks in our custody case, and he got exactly what he wanted.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/unbelievable-system-corruption-499274.html

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

She can get a restraining order if she proves that you scare her or have assaulted her. In other words she needs to prove her case.

neonlitblues

It depends on the state. However in most States, an accusation or just one claiming they are fearful is enough to get a restraining order. Regardless of her reasons, seek a lawyer and tackle this immediately, do not agree to anything- For if you do, you will find yourself even in hotter places. Good luck!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It depends on the state. However in most States, an accusation or just one claiming they are fearful is enough to get a restraining order. Regardless of her reasons, seek a lawyer and tackle this immediately, do not agree to anything- For if you do, you will find yourself even in hotter places. Good luck!
Wrong. An accusation is NOT enough for a permanent restraining order.

quidproquo

Wrong. An accusation is NOT enough for a permanent restraining order.
What is the criteria required to be proven to issue a permanent restraining order in CA?

"She can get a restraining order if she proves that you scare her" -Ohiogal

These responses seem inconsistent since a mere accusation that she is in fear would satisfy only one explanation. What needs to be shown to the court?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">