• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RO against vindictive GF of father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TinkerBelleLuvr

What is the name of your state? Michigan

This is mom asking how the 18yo daughter can get a no-contact order against the girlfriend of her father? This woman send the most incredible mean and vindictive emails to her that get her into massive amounts of tears.

My daughter has had a falling out with her father because of the GF. He was the custodial parent until she moved out over Memorial Day weekend. She stayed with a family of one of her friends over the summer and is now in college. I've done what I could for her from long distance.

As a sidenote: The GF cause me nothing but grief while I lived up in Michigan. I had monthly visits from CPS from calls placed by either her or her mother - all unfounded. The last round had all of us with the head honchos of CPS and FOC and various other personnel who told the dad to control the girlfriend and her mother or HE would be charged with child abuse.

Well ... the evil pen letters continue to my daughter. I've advised my daughter to reply to her email with a "do not call me, email, contact me, etc." I said to send a letter with delivery confirmation to her telling her the same thing.

Is there anything else that I can advise her to do? She just doesn't want to hear from the witch EVER.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
She could.... block the woman's email. Filter it all into the trash folder. Delete it w/o reading.

TinkerBelleLuvr

She could.... block the woman's email. Filter it all into the trash folder. Delete it w/o reading.
We both have yahoo accounts. I experimented with that, using the filter function last night and was successful.

Although she is currently on campus, she does go back to the little town every month or so. My daughter wants absolutely NOTHING to do with the GF. That's why I've suggested the RO.

I just don't think she can get one without at least telling this person that she wants no communications from her. I told her to send an email to her dad that if he wants to communicate with her, do it directly to her and NOT thru the GF.

I guess I'm looking for validation here. If she sends the letter saying she wants no communication with her, and then gets another 'love' note, is that enough to get a restraining order? She doesn't technically 'threaten' her physically; but the emails are nasty. She forwarded some of them to me and could understand why she was upset.

I guess since I know the history, I can feel for her. The last one had reference to "it's all YOUR fault that your dad is throwing up blood because YOU've treated him so badly." What really happened is dad threw the daughter in front of the bus (the GF) and did nothing to protect her from the GF. Daughter left home when she was old enough to leave. If you read some of my threads, you'll understand what I'm dealing with.

The ray of sunshine we had yesterday was that we found out that she can switch parents for her FASFA application. I'll be filling it out as the parent - financial aid said that I won't screw up her residency requirements since I'm down in Florida and she's up in Michigan. She's lost $3000 in scholarships this semester because dad still hasn't filled out the 2006 taxes.

Just Blue

Not legal advice 'cause I personally don't think your daughter has cause at this point...

But I just don't understand how a parent could be with a "person" that is cruel to their child...There are a ton of fish in the sea...but your children are your CHILDREN!! I just don't get it...:(

TinkerBelleLuvr

Baystate, I don't understand it either. He's choosing to continue to live with this person who has now managed to alienate him for 3 out of 4 kids he has. She's not managed yet with the 10yo who lives with me, but she will.

Guess I should say that the GF was 18 and in high school when she was involved with my then-husband. My ex was 38 at the time. She's now up to the ripe old age of 28.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">