• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roommate threw urine on me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adviceonthis

I am in California

My roommate is verbally abusive and hogs the bathroom. When she cleans the bathroom she takes 2 hours and wont open the door when I knock. She was cleaning the bathroom then stepped out to wash a plate I entered the bathroom and she got in there with me I was not going to use the bathroom with her in there. I used the trash bin instead (urine) that was in the kitchen, I put it back she picked it up and threw it on me. The verbal abuse has never bothered me I just ignore her. The urine mostly landed on the floor and door of my room some hit my shirt. The urine was clear with no smell so I don't know if it would be good evidence (it has also dried and left no stain). I called the police and they have not showed up yet. I know she has a previous record and has served time in prison. She is also begin deported but has gotten a extension on her case. Thank you for any help.

CdwJava

Well, if you want to you can report the battery to the police. But, if the roommate has any similar claims to make against you for attacking her, you could both find yourselves going to jail if both of you insist upon having the other one arrested.

If you don't want the police involved, then maybe it's time to find a new place to live.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Why didn't you just shut and lock te door when she left the bathroom? And really? Peeing in the kitchen bin? Who DOES that? That's just gross.

Adviceonthis

My question is can I take any legal action. I had to go bad Im not going to stop drinking water because her. And I was not going to go to a mcdonalds just to use the toilet I had to go. She is always this way I dont pay rent to her but she acts like its her bathroom a knock on the door gets no response, I waited untill she got out then she got in there with me. I want revenge if I can't get through legal I am going to pee in a bucket and throw it at her. I have never done anything like this to her.

Last edited:

CdwJava

My question is can I take any legal action. I had to go bad Im not going to stop drinking water because her. And I was not going to go to a mcdonalds just to use the toilet I had to go. She is always this way I dont pay rent to her but she acts like its her bathroom a knock on the door gets no response, I waited untill she got out then she got in there with me. I want revenge if I can't get through legal I am going to pee in a bucket and throw it at her. I have never done anything like this to her.
And you would be committing a crime. This whole thing is disgusting.

Yes, you can call the police and MAYBE they will file a report to the DA and in a few months MAYBE the DA will get around to charging her. On the other hand, she may come up with some story about you assaulting her and maybe you will also get charged.

Best bet ...

MOVE!

Banned_Princess

Totally childish. Who does this is an excellent question. Not adults I assure you.

You would pee in the trash can, before peeing in front of her? If you were going to use the bathroom anywhere other then the bathroom, why not the sink? Seriously, the trash seemed like the best place to relieve yourself? Did you even bother to change the garbage bag, or was this a revenge tactic because she takes forever making sure your bathroom doesn't slime over.

If you would have used the bathroom in my kitchen garbage, I would have flipped out on you too. If she takes 2 hours to clean the bathroom, she must keep an immaculate home. Something you should appreciate instead of pissing all over.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Both of you need to grow up and act like adults instead of five year olds.

Just Blue

Based on this post I will advise you: Seek Mental Help.

Good luck
Blue:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">