• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was set up to violate tro twice in twelve hrs.!HELP !

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maxbo1

California, My soon to be ex and her new beau and family has been fo;;owing me, selling my belongings even though she has filed for dissolution of marriage. My ex had been texting me, e-mailing me, constantly calling me so I responded to an e-mail requesting she stop contacting me and was arrested. The town i was arrested in wasn't the town that filed charges so when the arresting town cited and released me the original officer was clearly upset they didn't haul me of to jail so when i was cited and released my father-in-law told me he would be watching my home while my ex was out of town and to call him @ my home and he would arrainge to pick me up from the station then the next day the original PD pulled me over and arrested me saying now your going to jail smartass! So off i went for violating a tro AGAIN! My father in law called them and said i was calling to speak to my wife when in fact she was out of town and he told me to call him for a ride only to violate me what a set up now i am faceing the charges in court tomorrow, my public defender won't return my callsso i guess i will get my two minutes with him before court also. My public defender said theses charges should dissapear once i enrolled in a dvor program which i did and what do you know? The charges didn't what do i do? Am i going to jail/:eek::eek:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
California, My soon to be ex and her new beau and family has been fo;;owing me, selling my belongings even though she has filed for dissolution of marriage. My ex had been texting me, e-mailing me, constantly calling me so I responded to an e-mail requesting she stop contacting me and was arrested. The town i was arrested in wasn't the town that filed charges so when the arresting town cited and released me the original officer was clearly upset they didn't haul me of to jail so when i was cited and released my father-in-law told me he would be watching my home while my ex was out of town and to call him @ my home and he would arrainge to pick me up from the station then the next day the original PD pulled me over and arrested me saying now your going to jail smartass! So off i went for violating a tro AGAIN! My father in law called them and said i was calling to speak to my wife when in fact she was out of town and he told me to call him for a ride only to violate me what a set up now i am faceing the charges in court tomorrow, my public defender won't return my callsso i guess i will get my two minutes with him before court also. My public defender said theses charges should dissapear once i enrolled in a dvor program which i did and what do you know? The charges didn't what do i do? Am i going to jail/:eek::eek:
YOu violated the restraining order when you contacted regardless of the reasons why. YOU violated it. You very well may go to jail.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The first time (replying to her email), you DID violate the RO. The second time? It was rather foolish to call ANYONE from her family. You'd have been better off calling a friend, your own family, or a cab. Hopefully, you'll have learned your lesson.

CdwJava

In the future, instead of responding to unwanted texts and phone calls, call the police. If you reply, YOU violate the TRO. If they are harassing you y phone and email, that is a potential misdemeanor offense per PC 653m and you could report it to the police.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">