• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexual abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

secret agent Dad

I am presently engaged in a custody case against my 5 & 6 year old sons' legal guardian. This guardian was previously their foster mother. I gave her "durable legal custody" of my boys in '97. This was in order to remove the DHS from the case and make it a battle between myself and the guardian instead of one between myself, the guardian, and the dhs. This was one of two choices offered me by the court. The second choice being a TPR hearing.

At present, she has sued me for termination of my visitation rights. I have counter-sued her for contempt of court (denial of court-ordered visitations) and modification of custody.

There is ample evidence of Parental Alienation Syndrome taking place. There have been allegations of physical abuse (beating, burning, medical neglect) by the guardian and her "hired gun" abuse clinic. The boys have parroted these allegations to a limited extent.

Our case chugs along slowly. But, we are getting our evidence out there before the judge. What he will do with it remains to be seen. We are scheduled for our sixth continuance on 5/2/01. Meanwhile, we maintain our bi-weekly 24 hour weekend visits.

However, a new bomb was dropped this weekend when we picked up the boys. On the way home from the guardians residence, both of my sons related their most recent doctor visit to us. Both boys said that the doctor had them remove their underwear. They were examined on and in their bottoms. They also said that he checked their privates.

Given the history of false allegations in this case, I am very distressed at what this portends. I have told my attorney about the new development. She dismisses it as probably just a routine physical. So, I am left alone to assess my best course of action in light of the impending allegation.

My sons were originally taken by the DHS for "medical neglect" for missed doctor appointments. There has never been a substantiated charge against me of physical abuse. I am aware, however, that if sexual abuse charge are made, it will be only a matter of time before the DHS is knocking on my door again. This time to remove my step-daughters and the infant daughter of my present marriage.

Are there steps I can take to protect my self from the sexual abuse charges I am relatively certain await me on the horizon? Or am I reduced to waiting for the axe to fall again?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">