• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I Follow through with charges?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

IridescentTruth

I live in Orlando Florida

March 2nd i was assaulted on my front porch by a woman who thought i knew about her relationship with a man i was seeing for 6 months
she came to my house in the morning and asked to talk, i stepped outside to speak with her, she claimed i knew everything about them and proceeded to strike me 3times on my head with her fists. i dont have any bruises or scars from the attack but the location on my head was tender and swollen for a few days.

I did call the cops, i did a report and my family requested that i press charges, so i did.
I just recently got a detective and i have all the information i need on her to do what i have to do.
I just want to know since its my word against hers and i dont have any scars from the attack, will it be worth going before a judge and seeing if i will win this case? will she do time? or will she receive a fine or probation time?

i just need to know if its worth or if i should just call it off and just take my beating and suck it up.:confused:

thank you for reading and considering to answer my question. Means alot.

Gracie3787

I live in Orlando Florida

March 2nd i was assaulted on my front porch by a woman who thought i knew about her relationship with a man i was seeing for 6 months
she came to my house in the morning and asked to talk, i stepped outside to speak with her, she claimed i knew everything about them and proceeded to strike me 3times on my head with her fists. i dont have any bruises or scars from the attack but the location on my head was tender and swollen for a few days.

I did call the cops, i did a report and my family requested that i press charges, so i did.
I just recently got a detective and i have all the information i need on her to do what i have to do.
I just want to know since its my word against hers and i dont have any scars from the attack, will it be worth going before a judge and seeing if i will win this case? will she do time? or will she receive a fine or probation time?

i just need to know if its worth or if i should just call it off and just take my beating and suck it up.:confused:

thank you for reading and considering to answer my question. Means alot.
It's not up to you to decide. The police will do an investigation and then they decide if it should lead to charges or not.

The only choice you have will be to file for a protective order or not. If the woman has not contacted you at all in the last 3 weeks, then it would be difficult, if not impossible to get a PO at this point.
However, if charges are filed, a protective order is typically issued at the same time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">