• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should I hire a lawyer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

isitdv

In the no contact order request form, my ex wrote something that is very similar to this " Bryane's come to her work, asked me where I was. Went to my house left some notes around noon, Bryane called me 7 times from 11-8:30pm. Bryane went to my house to talk to me around 11pm. Bryane went to my parent's house and woke them up around midnight. Bryane followed them to my house and parked across the street. Bryane went back to knock on my door at 1:40am. "

She is seeking protection for her and her little daughter which is 3 years old for no contact order.

I was with her for almost 3 years. I loved her like my own daughter. I and my ex loved and cared for each other very much. On the date I went to her work, I wanted to hang out with her, her work told me that she called out because her daughter was sick. I drove over her house to see if she was there. She wasn't there so I went to subway to have something to eat. I knew her daughter loved chocolate cookies so I bought some extra for her and left on the front porch with a note saying that I was really worried about her daughter and if she was ok. I left her apt and went somewhere else. I texted her asking her if she was ok and also trying to call her. She didn't answer her phone. I thought that she might have took her daughter to emergency room and she wasn't able to answer the phone. I kept calling her a few more times that day. That night I went back to her apt, I bought her roses and a teddy bear for her daughter to help her feel better. I still thought that her daughter was really ill. She told me that she needed to take a break and she was going out on a date with someone else. I left her house and went to her parent's house to let them know so they could talk to her. I talked to her mom's bf and he said they would come and talk to her. I followed them over her house. After I got out of the car to tell her mom's bf I appreciated for them coming over and talking to her. That was when he called 911. I left and I got pulled over. They gave me a warning not to contact her. After that I went back to my mom's apt and never went back there. So I didn't come back to her apt at 1:40am like she said.

I know this maybe a long story but based on the things she wrote in petition. Would the judge think that I was stocking her and approved the no contact order? I think that my behaviors are not very abnormal based on her daughter was sick and I was showing concerns and worries. I never hit my ex or threatened her or caused any physically harm, I don't have any records except for speeding ticket etc...This is the first time it happened. Do you think that the judge will look into all the facts and dismiss this case? and what the chances are?
If he approved this case for her, will this stay on my permanent record as DV charge? Or this will be only an order and it's not really crime to stay on my record? Will i be able to take that off later and Will it be difficult for me to get jobs?
Should I worry and hire my own attorney?
Please email me back, it would be best. My email is [email protected]
Thanks

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">