• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

since brutally beaten since 7 years old, now when i'm 18 same parents trying to evict

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sergbot

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

hawaii.

the short version i emailed the cops is here, same question to you guys as the cops.

The basic summary is that my parents brutally beaten me, and neglected me all my life, now that i'm 18 years old they want to evict me to save money when they own over $750,000 USD. Eviction notice they handed me has given me two weeks to move out, and it says that they will take it to the court if I don't move out. I've only been an adult for little below two months, and i currently have a job, and after a life of severe physical abuse they want to sue me and make me homeless. I'm also currently a resident of hawaii and a USA citizen. If they do take me to court, what are my chances and are they going to get away with what they have done to me.

the long version is here Eviction notice? adult physical abuse. legal advice.? - Yahoo! Answers

Proserpina

hawaii.

the short version i emailed the cops is here, same question to you guys as the cops.

The basic summary is that my parents brutally beaten me, and neglected me all my life, now that i'm 18 years old they want to evict me to save money when they own over $750,000 USD. Eviction notice they handed me has given me two weeks to move out, and it says that they will take it to the court if I don't move out. I've only been an adult for little below two months, and i currently have a job, and after a life of severe physical abuse they want to sue me and make me homeless. I'm also currently a resident of hawaii and a USA citizen. If they do take me to court, what are my chances and are they going to get away with what they have done to me.

the long version is here Eviction notice? adult physical abuse. legal advice.? - Yahoo! Answers

Without reading the long version, what PROOF do you have of abuse?

Once you turn 18, you are a legal adult. They can legally evict you per the laws of Hawaii.

sergbot

Without reading the long version, what PROOF do you have of abuse?

Once you turn 18, you are a legal adult. They can legally evict you per the laws of Hawaii.
not much proof, sure my sisters could back me up, but after a while, they just ignore the topic and say i shouldn't talk bad about my parents.

but i could take a lie detector test and answer on all my claims.

Proserpina

not much proof, sure my sisters could back me up, but after a while, they just ignore the topic and say i shouldn't talk bad about my parents.

but i could take a lie detector test and answer on all my claims.

That's not proof.

You need to start looking for somewhere else to live - because your parents can legally evict you.

Eekamouse

I would think that if you were regularly beaten by your parents without cause or even with cause that at age 18 you'd be moving yourself out of their home without them having to evict you. If you were being beaten by them, why were children's services never called?

sandyclaus

hawaii.

We are talking about apples and oranges. That fact that you are claiming your parents beat you since you were 7 years old has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with whether or not they allow you to remain living in their home.

Your parents are required by law to raise you and support you by providing you food and shelter - and a place to live - until you turn 18. Now that you are an adult, they've decided they no longer wish to support you any longer and have told you to leave. And since you have decided that you don't want to leave voluntarily, they are evicting you, which is perfectly legal for them to do.

I'm sure that you feel they owe you the world, but the law doesn't see it that way -- at least not in this situation. It's time for you to make your own way. I would ALSO highly recommend some counseling to get rid of that chip on your shoulder before it really messes with your head.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I HATE LIARS! So how about the truth?

The long version is below:

Or Sergbot.

Open Question
Show me another »
Eviction notice? adult physical abuse. legal advice.?

okay so, my friend who is currently 18 years old,
You or a friend?

lives in honolulu, hawaii, got a signed paper from his parents with both his parents signatures on it. giving little over, or exactly two weeks to move out or court actions will be 'initiated' against him.
So at this point he -- or you-- is down to a week since the long version was posted 6 days ago.
So, his parents own three apartments, and have dozens of thousands on this checkbook, and are trying to throw him out one month after his birthday. Everything seem legal so far?
They may need to give more notice depending on HI law.
lets keep going, Now he and his parents are from ukraine, and are citizens of united states of america. His dad, fully believes that the best discipline and method of getting abuse, is brutal beatings. ever since the boy can remember, he has been getting brutal beatings, some more reasonable then others, others are not reasonable at all.
Brutal beatings which are reasonable at times? So how many bones were broken since he was seven? How many scars does he have from the reasonable brutal beatings? What about the not reasonable brutal beatings?

One time his dad beat up and pressed his thumb on the boy's skull to make his brain hurt because the depressed child had this look that the father didn't like, the look was caused by deep depression and was the only look the kid had for over two years, brutal inhumane beating for having a psychical appearance.
So his face was frozen in a "depressed look" -- the "only look the kid had for two years -- and NO ONE ELSE NOTICED? Was he locked in a closet for his childhood?

this specific accident happened on us soil, where the now young man is being evicted of now. all of his teenage his parents would yell, beat, turn off electricity, turn off internet.
Believe it or not, internet is NOT a necessity.

Make up excuses like, trying to beat the gaming addiction out of him.
So he has a gaming addiction.

The guy's mother never had a job, had a collage degree. but has been thoughly brainwashed by his father. dozens of years of his yelling and opinions rubbed off on her, and she has tried to beat the boy up on us soil also, she used a scuba diving flipper. didn't leave scars, but the same flipper was used by his father to cause the skin on the guy's back to break and bleed, leaving scars for a year. The boy loves his parents, and always debated and compromised with them, but they never budged.
Scars for a year? Really? Just for a year? Liar.

so here is the situation. the parents brutally assaulted the kid since he was 7 years old. when he was 10-11 they all moved to new york, still brutally beating him, when he was 12-13 they moved to hawaii. and from when he was 13 to 17 they still beat him, from 17 to 18 they financially neglected him, and emotionally abused him, also one time spit in his face twice.
How brutally?

The parents are filthy rich, with over 700+ thousand dollars (property + bank accounts) and they promised that they would spend the entire amount on their retirement. they have been too lazy and neglectful to work, his dad hasn't had a job for over 10 years. they spend a very minimum amount of money, only buying food that is on sale. and now they want to kick him out, one month after his birthday, and are willing to take it to court.
Filthy rich is not having 700k in the bank and property. They are allowed to spend the entire amount on their retirement. Your friend -- or you -- sounds spoiled, entitled and greedy.

additionally, they drove their child to the point of suicide dozens of times, but he was just barely too strong. maybe that was their goal. nothing makes sense and this is inexcusable and inexcusable
. I agree. Nothing makes sense that you are stating. The child was too strong to attempt suicide?

they also turned off the electricity at night to the point where no lights in the apartment would work. after a while he researched that its neglect and told them thats its illigal, they have provided me with flash lights but never gave me battery replacements because batteries are too 'expensive' also his parents never paid for his health insurance ever in his life. one time he had health insurance but it was from the government.
Now your friend is having this issue but his parents provided YOU with flash lights but not batteries and his parents didn't have health insurance for him?
I hate liars.

so what do you do? where do you go? how does he survive.
He/you moves out and gets psychiatric help.

also when his dad was ranting about discipline. he was describing how he dragged his older sister by her hair all over the floor, and how much good it did for her that he did so.

he told his mom about what his dad told him about his sister, and the mom just yelled about him being insubordinate and how he should move out.

what kind of maniac does this to his children? and to his young daughter? ive never his a girl all my life.
His daughter? Your sister? His sister?

back to my friend? what now?
He/you tell the truth.

what should he do? his parents always got in his away and he could never make money, so he made only 2,000 savings. thats a month worth of expenses in honolulu, the now, adult will be homeless in less then 4 weeks,
He couldn't make money but he has $2k in savings as an 18 year old> Well he has you as a friend so maybe he should move in with you and your family. Sounds like a plan.

by hawaii law, what chance does he have in court against them? and could he win and be compensated for his life long torture?
Nope. He wasn't abused. He was disciplined. He has you to lie for him and take it for him per your post. See how confusing this gets? He also should learn how to tell the truth.

CSO286

hawaii.

The basic summary is that my parents brutally beaten me, and neglected me all my life, now that i'm 18 years old they want to evict me
Why wouldn't you want to leave???

If any of this is true, I'd have bolted the second I turned 18.

ecmst12

You were beaten brutally, yet you never had injuries that caused someone to report to CPS; yet you never told a teacher or other trusted adult; yet you never exhibited behavior that caused a doctor or teacher to suspect something funny was going on at home.....doesn't add up. A child's life is FULL of mandated reporters. Even if YOU were too scared to say anything, someone would have noticed something, if it was as bad as you claim.

At this point, get as far away from your parents as you can, as fast as you can, and never look back. You don't need their money.

sergbot

sorry i have not yet had the time to read all the replies, thank you for the replies in the first place.

the reason i don't want to leave is because i only have about two thousand dollars, that's not enough when rent is 1700.

i don't need counseling. I've hated them all my life, and held them responsible for all the pain they caused, this is a better alternative to keep a cool head and a healthy mind then going crazy and blaming the world. but like mentioned i did try to kill myself many times and have thought of death for years. but im a perfectly reasonable individual, i never attacked anyone or aggressively hit anyone and i solve all my problems by talking.

they have always yelled that i should move out, but they never directly told me to move out. they just gave me an eviction notice. It's not like they yelled "move out now!", and me yelling "no!!". they never ordered me to move out, they just gave me the notice.

the good news is that the notice is for 45 days away,

But still i don't think its fair that i've been treated that way all and they got away with it.

also when i was 5 years old, my parents left me alone with a gallon pot of boiling water and dumplings alone. I was a little kid and managed to spill them on myself, Could have died from the burns, now i carry the burns all my life. can i get them for that?

Proserpina

sorry i have not yet had the time to read all the replies, thank you for the replies in the first place.

the reason i don't want to leave is because i only have about two thousand dollars, that's not enough when rent is 1700.

i don't need counseling. I've hated them all my life, and held them responsible for all the pain they caused, this is a better alternative to keep a cool head and a healthy mind then going crazy and blaming the world. but like mentioned i did try to kill myself many times and have thought of death for years. but im a perfectly reasonable individual, i never attacked anyone or aggressively hit anyone and i solve all my problems by talking.

they have always yelled that i should move out, but they never directly told me to move out. they just gave me an eviction notice. It's not like they yelled "move out now!", and me yelling "no!!". they never ordered me to move out, they just gave me the notice.

the good news is that the notice is for 45 days away,

But still i don't think its fair that i've been treated that way all and they got away with it.

also when i was 5 years old, my parents left me alone with a gallon pot of boiling water and dumplings alone. I was a little kid and managed to spill them on myself, Could have died from the burns, now i carry the burns all my life. can i get them for that?

Look, I'm going to spell it out.

There is no proof of any wrongdoing.

You have no legal recourse against your parents.

Eekamouse

Waah waah waah! Everything is your parent's fault and you're just the lifelong victim. Move out and give them some peace. They deserve some. You have no grounds to sue them because you have no proof to back up any of your outrageous claims against them. Time to move on and find new people to blame for everything in your life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">