• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spit on a woman's face due to looking down on her

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cculon

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?CA

My brother spit on a woman's face because she had no class and acted as an uneducated person. My question is if that woman wants to sue him, then what charge he has to face.
Thank you,
Curie

king sol

I found this at http://cobrands.public.findlaw.com/personal_injury/newcontent/flg/ch13/st10/qa3.html

: Isn't battery a crime?

A : Yes, battery can be a crime but as a personal injury action it is a civil claim, as are all tort actions. The law considers torts to be wrongs against an individual, allowing the individual to sue for money damages. (For more on criminal assaults and batteries see the "Criminal Justice" chapter.) As a tort, a battery is a harmful or offensive touching of one person by another. Anyone who touches you or comes into contact with some part of you-even your purse-when you do not agree to it may be liable to you for battery. The law does not require any harm or damage. You do not even have to know a battery is occurring at the time in order to bring a battery claim. The person committing the battery may have meant no hatred or ill will. In one case, for example, a plaintiff successfully recovered damages for an unwanted kiss. In another case, a court found a defendant liable for spitting at someone's face. Also, a court found a battery when a person forcibly removed a women's hat. However, damages for technical batteries are small. After all, you were not actually hurt, so how much should you get?

I'd say your brother may have a problem with having no class or education

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
cculon said:
My brother spit on a woman's face because she had no class and acted as an uneducated person.
And your brother thinks that's a classy way to act? :rolleyes:

CdwJava

cculon said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?CA

My brother spit on a woman's face because she had no class and acted as an uneducated person. My question is if that woman wants to sue him, then what charge he has to face.
Thank you,
Curie
Your brother committed battery under CA law (PC 242) and can be charged with a criminal offense.

And spitting on someone is the act of a classy and educated person?!?

Oh, and you can tell him for me that he is an ass. He's lucky her knee didn't connect with his private parts.

- Carl

HomeGuru

You Are Guilty said:
The OP failed to mention that his brother is actually a spitting cobra.
**A: what a snake. It's a good thing the brother did not post for he has forked tongue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">