• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stalking charges?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

Compassion for others is all I've got to give, and its all anyone has to give in this world. The only way to put an end to wrongdoing is to have empathy for those who commit such acts. I have learned from my mistakes and will move forward in a positive and healthy manner regardless of the outcome of this case.
I hope you do that. But you will still need an attorney.

LdiJ

Compassion for others is all I've got to give, and its all anyone has to give in this world. The only way to put an end to wrongdoing is to have empathy for those who commit such acts. I have learned from my mistakes and will move forward in a positive and healthy manner regardless of the outcome of this case.
Just to be clear, your mistake was even contacting her about the job. You could have taken the job and simply ignored her, or you could have not taken the job and simply ignored her. By taking the job AND contacting her, particularly more than once, you scared her again...and made yourself look creepy...and caused her to file for the CHO.

This is a life lesson for you to learn. There is cause and effect in everything that you do. You need to start thinking carefully about something before doing it, and if you are uncertain as to what to do, ask for advice BEFORE you do it.

Proserpina

And to me, compassion means doing the right thing even if the right thing seems harsh. I also see a difference between empathy and compassion, but there we have it.

Eekamouse

I think it's really creepy that you would apply for a job right next to where you knew she worked. No wonder she wants a stay away order in effect against you. You are definitely a scary stalker so the legal steps she is taking to protect herself are understandable and justifiable. I don't believe for one second that you just happened to apply for a job that would place you right next to her place of employment. You did that on purpose, you weirdo. Yikes!!! :eek:

Jst42

Whats the point in name calling and trying to put people down? I am not justifying what I did, but myself and the plaintiff are both very young people and all I wanted was closure from the situation which was why I continued to text her. I am a caring person and when you send someone a bunch of **** while you're too high to even remember and then they are afraid of you that can be a difficult situation to deal with. I was not pursuing this individual for a romantic relationship. Its sad that half of the people talking **** on here have upwards 20K+ posts and I'd bet over half of them are you guys putting people down for mistakes they've admitted to and are looking for legal advice. Thats not what this forum is for, find better things to do with your time.

Silverplum

Whats the point in name calling and trying to put people down? I am not justifying what I did, but myself and the plaintiff are both very young people and all I wanted was closure from the situation which was why I continued to text her. I am a caring person and when you send someone a bunch of **** while you're too high to even remember and then they are afraid of you that can be a difficult situation to deal with. I was not pursuing this individual for a romantic relationship. Its sad that half of the people talking **** on here have upwards 20K+ posts and I'd bet over half of them are you guys putting people down for mistakes they've admitted to and are looking for legal advice. Thats not what this forum is for, find better things to do with your time.
Be sure to get your refund from Rico at the front desk on your way out. :cool:

Proserpina

You're whining.

Don't whine. It's even uglier than your previous behavior.

Jst42

You're whining.

Don't whine. It's even uglier than your previous behavior.
Not whining about anything lol. All I'm suggesting is that people take a look at themselves before they point fingers. The only reason someone would feel the need to come in here and bash me is because they don't feel good about themselves. There's not a single thing anyone could say to me about this that would hurt my feelings. I've forgiven myself and moved on, my own guilt over the situation is what caused me to make it worse to begin with. If I were to sit around putting myself down all day telling myself that I'm a creep and a stalker, dwelling on the past it would only create more of the same.

Eekamouse

Not whining about anything lol. All I'm suggesting is that people take a look at themselves before they point fingers. The only reason someone would feel the need to come in here and bash me is because they don't feel good about themselves. There's not a single thing anyone could say to me about this that would hurt my feelings. I've forgiven myself and moved on, my own guilt over the situation is what caused me to make it worse to begin with. If I were to sit around putting myself down all day telling myself that I'm a creep and a stalker, dwelling on the past it would only create more of the same.
OK fine. Please explain how it is that you knew where she worked and applied for employment at the place next door to her, even though you KNEW she did not want to see you, talk to you, have anything to do with you. If you REALLY felt bad for the way you were harassing her, you would NOT have sought work that would certainly cause you and she to have to run into each other "by accident." You claim to not have any ulterior motives and you claim that you just want closure but it's obvious that you really want to just keep hounding her. You need to get into counseling or resign yourself to spending time in jail for your behavior. You don't appear to care about anyone else except yourself and what YOU want. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jst42

OK fine. Please explain how it is that you knew where she worked and applied for employment at the place next door to her, even though you KNEW she did not want to see you, talk to you, have anything to do with you. If you REALLY felt bad for the way you were harassing her, you would NOT have sought work that would certainly cause you and she to have to run into each other "by accident." You claim to not have any ulterior motives and you claim that you just want closure but it's obvious that you really want to just keep hounding her. You need to get into counseling or resign yourself to spending time in jail for your behavior. You don't appear to care about anyone else except yourself and what YOU want. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I knew where she worked because it was on her facebook profile and she had worked there for years. A friend of mine worked at a place near there and posted about a job opening on facebook, I needed a job so I asked her if it was cool if I worked there and like I said before got no response. I decided to just say **** it and take it even though I knew she wouldn't want me working there. A part of me did do it out of spite of not receiving any kind of acknowledgement. Not saying I did the right thing but that was my mentality at the time. Can't judge until you've walked in someone else's shoes.

Silverplum

I knew where she worked because it was on her facebook profile and she had worked there for years. A friend of mine worked at a place near there and posted about a job opening on facebook, I needed a job so I asked her if it was cool if I worked there and like I said before got no response. I decided to just say **** it and take it even though I knew she wouldn't want me working there. A part of me did do it out of spite of not receiving any kind of acknowledgement. Not saying I did the right thing but that was my mentality at the time. Can't judge until you've walked in someone else's shoes.
Well, then.

:rolleyes:

Proserpina

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. You're not that important. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">