• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stalking x

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LISALINGO1

What is the name of your state? colorado
my boyfriends x girlfriend whom is the mother of his 5 year old seems to always know when he gets off work and before he can get out of the truck she pulls up next to him and harrasses him and says some horrible things about him in front of thier son. at one point she called him on his cell while we were driving and followed us to a parking lot. she calls at least 2 or 3 times a day all week long on his business phone. she uses her son as a tool and at one point had him lie and say i pushed him down the stairs.colorado seems to always believe that the woman and i am shocked that this can even happen...please help..if there is any

kat1963

Time to nip this one in the bud and possibly set up a case for change in custody at the same time. It's very simple really. You will need a tape recorder &/or a video camera and a journal. Start documenting all of her actions. Documenation is THE KEY here. A small voice activated tape recorder hidden in the visor of you boyfriends truck should pick up the conversation very clearly. In addition, get caller ID & voice mail. Don't answer the phone when she calls unless it is an emergency concerning the child. Doing so just fuels the fire that feeds her actions. If she knows she's getting to you guys, she's going to keep it up. It shouldn't take long for her to either back off, or self destruct to the point where there needs to be a restraining order filed and a motion in change of custody (because she is clearly suffering from some sort of mental illness.)
Good Luck!
KAT

S

Stormy5

well said Katt. I agree totally. Dont wait any longer, start documenting everything immediately. Being unstable (and this woman certainly shows the signs) does'nt sit well in family court. Good luck.

L

LISALINGO1

crazy x

thanks amy..and long ago something told me to write down everything she did and said..but now I do have the perfect recorder...I am not this kind of person..but I also am a mother and a good one...she is not even a good human..I was gonna do the Karma thing but this is gonna take someone to stop her..thanks again for the reply

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
CAREFUL about taping!

SOME states require BOTH parties to be aware that a conversation is being taped. Find out before you do it.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
check here

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/

"Colo Rev. Stat. § 18-9-303 (1999): Recording or overhearing a telephone conversation, or any electronic communication, without the consent of a party to the conversation is a felony punishable by a fine of between $1,000 and $100,000 and one year to 18 months in jail. Recording of a communication from a cordless telephone, however, is a misdemeanor. Colo Rev. Stat. § 18-1-105 (1999).

Using or disclosing information obtained through illegal wiretapping is prohibited if there is reason to know the information was obtained illegally. Anyone who is not "visibly present" during a conversation who overhears or records the conversation without the consent of at least one of the parties commits a felony carrying the same punishment as a telephone interception, as does anyone who discloses the contents of such a conversation. Colo Rev. Stat § 18-9-304 (1999).

However, nothing in these statutes "shall be interpreted to prevent a news agency, or an employee thereof, from using the accepted tools and equipment of that news medium in the course of reporting or investigating a public and newsworthy event." Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-9-305 (1999)."

The It

You boyfriend may be able to support a claim for a no-stalking order if he documents everything. Witnesses (neighbors, co-workers, you) may be able to help support his claim. Your local police/DA should be able to assist you in finding the right paperwork.

If your boyfriend writes a letter to her stating he would like for the harrassment to end and if it continues, he may be able to file for harrassment. Be specific about what type of events are becoming intolerable and where they usually occur to cover all areas where the harrassment occurs.

Of course, these things may also interfere with visitation (if your boyfriend even has any) until there is an order for it.

As for taping conversations, an answering machine is the best tool. That way there is no doubt that the perp is aware that they are begin taped. It happened for us that the perp started leaving vulgar answering machine messages on a phone where he was only allowed to speak to the children due to an existing r/o against the mother. He tried to get around that by making a disclaimer "this message is for the children", but then say stuff like "(first name of mother)", "(derogatory, arrogant, idiocrisy clearly intended for mother)". Yeah, some idiots think that Judges are stupid or something, but he was found guilty-as-charged and sentenced accordingly.

Last edited:
D

dad of 4

i have the same problem.what you need to do is get a note book and document everything.
here in indiana i am told to do this by my lawyer,the courts ,the police and the prosecutors office.
and think about a motification of custody

T

threatscop

Clarify Colorado Laws

Let's clarify Colorado Law:
1. If you are a party to a conversation, you can record it. If she calls you, tape it. You do not have to tell her.
2. Colorado Law says that any repeated (more than once) following, placing under surveillance, or communications, etc, with the victim, the victim's immediate family, or any other person with whom the victim has an established relationship (which is not defined) is felony stalking. CRS 18-9-111

Call the police, journal everything, put her in jail!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">