• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of Limitations in Oklahoma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boolynn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma
I'd like to know what the statute of limitations is on domestic abuse in Oklahoma. Any information would help thank you. The reason I'm asking is because my boyfriends ex accused him of abuse after she got drunk pissed herself and hit him repeatedly in the face. He did his time paid his fines and met with his probation officer as scheduled but missed a class he wasn't told he had to take, the warrant for his arrest is 5000 dollars and to be honest we don't have that kind of money right now. Also is there anything else that can be done for the situation sans more jail time? He's been putting off calling the his probation officer because he's afraid he'll go to jail and I'll leave him (I won't)

Last edited:

Proserpina

I'd like to know what the statute of limitations is on domestic abuse in Oklahoma. Any information would help thank you. The reason I'm asking is because my boyfriends ex accused him of abuse after she got drunk pissed herself and hit him repeatedly in the face. He did his time paid his fines and met with his probation officer as scheduled but missed a class he wasn't told he had to take, the warrant for his arrest is 5000 dollars and to be honest we don't have that kind of money right now. Also is there anything else that can be done for the situation sans more jail time? He's been putting off calling the his probation officer because he's afraid he'll go to jail and I'll leave him (I won't)
Statute of limitations for what exactly?

He's already been convicted and served his sentence, right?

Just Blue

The SOL would not apply for a PV. Tell him to deal with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">