• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step Mom Abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Indiana

My sons step mom has been abusing him since he was young. He is now 11 years old. She does not abuse my 13 year old. The prosecutor filed charges against her in February of this year and there is a no contact order in place. Dad has his visitation but it just cannot be with step mom. I have full custody of both children. My question is this: A court order was in place from family court GAL report that step mom should not ever discipline either child. In January she went after him and even with dad stepping in the way she pushed him aside and beat my sons rear. My ex called me and said that he was bringing the boys home and thats when I found out what happened.

Just 2 weeks ago she petitioned the court in the criminal case against her to lift the no contact order to allow counceling between her and my son. ( He has been in counceling for almost 3 years now due to the abuse. He, my ex husband and step mom were going together for a long time and the abuse just continues.)

Background:
2007 step mom back handed my son and busted his lip open. Police report and counceling ordered for my son.
2008 step mom grabbed him and left 3 2-inch long bruises on upper arms. CPS report substantiated abuse, anger management classes ordered for step mom and visitation was re instated 6 months later in Oct. 2009.
2010 This incident above.

She requested a bench trial, its scheduled in October. I was hoping somebody could perhaps tell me what the outcome could be? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry I guess I didnt finish the question very well....She did get the petition lifted but only for the counceling.

I guess I just am curious what could happen to her in court that she might stop hurting my son? I really want her to get help so she stops doing this to him and he will be able to start seeing his dad and his other sibblings regularly.

mistoffolees

Sorry I guess I didnt finish the question very well....She did get the petition lifted but only for the counceling.

I guess I just am curious what could happen to her in court that she might stop hurting my son? I really want her to get help so she stops doing this to him and he will be able to start seeing his dad and his other sibblings regularly.
It's going to be decided based on the evidence. No one here has the evidence, nor do we have her side of the story.

If the evidence proves that she is a danger to the child, there could be a permanent restraining order preventing contact with the child. If, OTOH, she proves that she is NOT a danger to the child, nothing may happen.

My ouija board isn't working today and my daughter has the magic 8 ball.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">