• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stolen by DCF and innocent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Saddestmother94

I am in FLORIDA USA

I am hoping someone here has experience with these situations and can help my family.

My name is Hannah., I am a mother to three beautiful children. Two of which have been removed in foster care- due to "alleged domestic violence". Police had been called by our family couselor as myself and my partner were in a verbal argument. (Previously we had a single case of DV, in which the charges were dropped on my partner. She called as a "just in case") I had fallen earlier that day and had a small bruise on my face. When police arrived they saw the bruise and questioned us both. I told both leo's that nothing had happened aside from a verbal argument that was now over. My partner had filed a internal affairs complaint previously for the false arrest last year. So I believe that is what led to the next events. The officers new both of us from the 2015 case, one officer decided to place a lie in his report that I said my partner had punched me. The other officer did not go along with that, stating I never said that. However they still arrested him. He spent two weeks in jail. During that time DCF came to my home and harrassed my three year old step daughter, "leading a witness" asking questions such as - does daddy hit mommy, are you scared of daddy, do mommy and daddy fight a lot etc. My step daughter denied all and said she loved her daddy. I expressed to DCF that nothing had happened and that I would be working on his release. Four days later they arrived at my door, and took my children away from me. I have 0 history of any form of violence, neglect, abuse or criminal history. My children were 100% healthy with 0 signs of abuse, neglect or any other distress. They were happy sweet boys, that love their mom and dad very much. They made it clear to my mother, and myself that if I did not testify against my partner, that if I chose to be with him- I could kiss a life with my sons good bye. That they would be placed in permanent foster care, lasting a year or longer. I stress that there is 0 evidence of any domestic violence. They chose to take photos of supposed injuries that once I met with the state attorney looked like nothing more than I'd been crying all night, which I had.

I can hardly get a hold of them to see my sons, I have seen them one time for 2 hours since they have been gone. (around a week they have been gone.) I had the emergency shelter hearing, in which my attorney (public defender) urged me to allow the fostering, with no admitting guilt on the report by dcf. The hearing is set for the 18th. My partner is now home with me, after 2 weeks of being in jail as an innocent man and we are working together to get our sons back. I am absolutely terrified of dcf and what will happen. Considering he and I have done nothing wrong. I feel like our family was torn apart because I refused to lie. I am desparate for help. I am miserable without my children. If anyone can give me any advice on handling these monsters, I beg of you to take a moment of your time to do that. Thank you, very very much.

Proserpina

I am in FLORIDA USA

I am hoping someone here has experience with these situations and can help my family.

My name is Hannah., I am a mother to three beautiful children. Two of which have been removed in foster care- due to "alleged domestic violence". Police had been called by our family couselor as myself and my partner were in a verbal argument. (Previously we had a single case of DV, in which the charges were dropped on my partner. She called as a "just in case") I had fallen earlier that day and had a small bruise on my face. When police arrived they saw the bruise and questioned us both. I told both leo's that nothing had happened aside from a verbal argument that was now over. My partner had filed a internal affairs complaint previously for the false arrest last year. So I believe that is what led to the next events. The officers new both of us from the 2015 case, one officer decided to place a lie in his report that I said my partner had punched me. The other officer did not go along with that, stating I never said that. However they still arrested him. He spent two weeks in jail. During that time DCF came to my home and harrassed my three year old step daughter, "leading a witness" asking questions such as - does daddy hit mommy, are you scared of daddy, do mommy and daddy fight a lot etc. My step daughter denied all and said she loved her daddy. I expressed to DCF that nothing had happened and that I would be working on his release. Four days later they arrived at my door, and took my children away from me. I have 0 history of any form of violence, neglect, abuse or criminal history. My children were 100% healthy with 0 signs of abuse, neglect or any other distress. They were happy sweet boys, that love their mom and dad very much. They made it clear to my mother, and myself that if I did not testify against my partner, that if I chose to be with him- I could kiss a life with my sons good bye. That they would be placed in permanent foster care, lasting a year or longer. I stress that there is 0 evidence of any domestic violence. They chose to take photos of supposed injuries that once I met with the state attorney looked like nothing more than I'd been crying all night, which I had.

I can hardly get a hold of them to see my sons, I have seen them one time for 2 hours since they have been gone. (around a week they have been gone.) I had the emergency shelter hearing, in which my attorney (public defender) urged me to allow the fostering, with no admitting guilt on the report by dcf. The hearing is set for the 18th. My partner is now home with me, after 2 weeks of being in jail as an innocent man and we are working together to get our sons back. I am absolutely terrified of dcf and what will happen. Considering he and I have done nothing wrong. I feel like our family was torn apart because I refused to lie. I am desparate for help. I am miserable without my children. If anyone can give me any advice on handling these monsters, I beg of you to take a moment of your time to do that. Thank you, very very much.

1. Get an attorney. First thing in the morning.
2. Google "failure to protect" (this will perhaps clue you in on why this has happened)
3. GET AN ATTORNEY.

The stepchild - is this your fiance's child? If yes, your fiance needs to worry about having access to that child, too.

Saddestmother94

Thank you for your response.

Financially I am afriad I won't be able to afford a private attorney. I have been given a public defender that has not spoken with me since the shelter hearing.
I googled, "Failure to protect" but; struggle to understand how that pertains to my children as they had 0 signs of abuse. I assume you mean they took them in the fear he was abusing me in front of them, althought I say he was not? I am struggling to understand what ground they stand on with no evidence only hearsay. Thank you again for your response.

Silverplum

Financially I am afriad I won't be able to afford a private attorney. I have been given a public defender that has not spoken with me since the shelter hearing.
I googled, "Failure to protect" but; struggle to understand how that pertains to my children as they had 0 signs of abuse. I assume you mean they took them in the fear he was abusing me in front of them, althought I say he was not? I am struggling to understand what ground they stand on with no evidence only hearsay. Thank you again for your response.
That depends upon your definition of child abuse. Florida's is here:
http://www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/abuse-hotline/frequently-asked-questions

tigerlily87

I'm in a similar situation only we both were arrested and releases ror. I was given a state attorney at the shelter hearing as I was declared indigent. did you have one?

now three weeks later the state has opted not to prosecute. I'm surprised that you guys don't have a no contact order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">