• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subpoena Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JenBoMo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Alabama

A friend of mine signed a warrant on her boyfriend for hitting her. He was arrested for Domestic Violence 3rd. This is his 8th arrest for the same thing (previous charges were filed by someone else) and he was found guilty the first 7 times.
My question is...
My friend received a subpoena for the arraignment. Why would she be subpoenaed for that?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

A friend of mine signed a warrant on her boyfriend for hitting her. He was arrested for Domestic Violence 3rd. This is his 8th arrest for the same thing (previous charges were filed by someone else) and he was found guilty the first 7 times.
My question is...
My friend received a subpoena for the arraignment. Why would she be subpoenaed for that?
Because she's a witness (and the alleged victim)

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

My question is...
You know, Jen, it'd really help if you kept all your questions in ONE thread. :cool:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/domestic-violence-abuse-38/8th-domestic-violence-600333.html

What would really help MORE is if your "Friend" would sign up for her own account to post her own legal questions.
To forestall any of your excuses as to WHY she cannot do so:
  • Libraries offer internet access to their patrons (even those in Bama).
  • This forum is open 24/7/365 barring server/database problems.
  • There is no typing accuracy/speed test needed for one to register on this forum.

JenBoMo

Scared and Embarassed

You know, Jen, it'd really help if you kept all your questions in ONE thread. :cool:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/domestic-violence-abuse-38/8th-domestic-violence-600333.html

What would really help MORE is if your "Friend" would sign up for her own account to post her own legal questions.
To forestall any of your excuses as to WHY she cannot do so:
  • Libraries offer internet access to their patrons (even those in Bama).
  • This forum is open 24/7/365 barring server/database problems.
  • There is no typing accuracy/speed test needed for one to register on this forum.
I understand your post; however, the question was for my daughter. She's scared and embarrassed, and as noted in my other thread, does it matter the person? I'm not trying to be mean here, just looking for answers for a frightened daughter. I am new to this sight and as I received new information, I started a new thread...didn't know I shouldn't have.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I understand your post; however, the question was for my daughter. She's scared and embarrassed, and as noted in my other thread, does it matter the person? I'm not trying to be mean here, just looking for answers for a frightened daughter. I am new to this sight and as I received new information, I started a new thread...didn't know I shouldn't have.
Seriously you don't have all the details nor do you know what she is thinking. You should have put everything in ONE thread. Your daughter should get counseling and talk to the local battered woman's shelter. You however, apart from offering emotional support, should back off.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
OP has THREE threads going on this same subject:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/arrests-searches-warrants-procedure-26/domestic-violence-8th-time-5-5-years-599516.html

And this one.

The first two I posted links (and quoted) AL statutes for this woman. Obviously, she is looking for support as opposed to information. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">