• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

supina

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jackilee67

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? north carolina

if i am supinaed over the phone to testify against my husband do i have to go and if i do do i have to testify against him?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hot Topic

In North Carolina, a subpoena can be served over the telephone by a sheriff or sheriff's agent.

You must appear, and you cannot refuse to testify against your husband.

I would assume that he has been charged with domestic abuse. Why would you want to protect someone who has hurt you and probably will do so again? I've heard it said that once an abuser, always an abuser.

rockyroad10

She can take the 5th and not testify? Not that it changes the pattern about once an abuser - always an abuser. But from a legal standpoint i thought it is a possibility.

Proserpina

She can take the 5th and not testify? Not that it changes the pattern about once an abuser - always an abuser. But from a legal standpoint i thought it is a possibility.

More and more States are making spousal privilege exceptions in DV cases; wifey could feasibly be held in contempt if she refuses to testify.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
NO she cannot take the fifth in testifying against her husband

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">