• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspend a No Contact order against my husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Renee.Miller900

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
It has been two months since my husband was arrested on domestic violence charge and an assault charge against me. He was arrested for hitting me yes but I firmly believe he can change and that we really just needed a break. I came to Florida to get away from his whole family in fear they would retaliate. I was not so much worried about him but his family. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to get this order removed since I am out of state and need to talk to him to figure out if we want to try to work things out or just go through with a divorce (i really do not want that). I have a victims advocate. She said to write a letter to the judge, which i did. I just want to make sure I am prepared for anything the courts might through at me. I am not scared of him or anything so I really want this dropped I miss my husband. Thanks for your help in advance!

From a person who has been in your spot. Twice, I had R/O on my husband b/c of DV, but after time I dropped it both times, after dropping it the last time we moved to another state b/c I had a great job and family here. We get out here and he refuses to work, I have to work my butt to keep the kids fed and rent paid. He abuses us all verbally all the time, and I wish to God I never did it. My advice, let it run it's course, it will take longer and then at the end of it if you still feel you want to dismiss it, then do so.

They say they will change, and they are so so sorry, but a month or so later, slowly it all starts again.

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

It has been two months since my husband was arrested on domestic violence charge and an assault charge against me. He was arrested for hitting me yes but I firmly believe he can change and that we really just needed a break. I came to Florida to get away from his whole family in fear they would retaliate. I was not so much worried about him but his family. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to get this order removed since I am out of state and need to talk to him to figure out if we want to try to work things out or just go through with a divorce (i really do not want that). I have a victims advocate. She said to write a letter to the judge, which i did. I just want to make sure I am prepared for anything the courts might through at me. I am not scared of him or anything so I really want this dropped I miss my husband. Thanks for your help in advance!
See the bolded above: First... you can firmly believe all you want. HOWEVER, statistically speaking, he won't. Secondly, how is any member of his family going to retaliate? Thirdly, YOU can't get the order dismissed. ONLY the prosecuting attorney can do that... AND ONLY if he feels that there is not enough evidence to prosecute. YOU may be out of state, but is your husband still in the state that the order was signed in? HE would still face charges, whether or not YOU are in state. The consequences in both cases are not pretty, no matter how you slice it.

Banned_Princess

" Oh but my husband totally changed in three months! he only broke my jaw and leg, and if it weren't for that wall, the hammer would have killed me. But I Looooovve him, and miss him, and want to give him that second chance to miss that wall! "

Jeez.

Thats why the state will prosecute without you. :rolleyes:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Then let him prove that he can and will change for the better. Let him suffer the consequences of his behavior, do the counseling and classes he'll be ordered to take. And only then think about starting over together.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">