• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

temp restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flyingmonkey

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca

I live in Sacramento CA. I was recently served a temp 3 month restraining order by a judge in the Sac superior court. There was not really much of a basis for a restraining order so the judge only went with a continuation of the temp order for three months. After that time, I will be free to contact my ex HOWEVER, The court bailiff indicated in the hall outside of the court as he was handing me the new temp order that if i contact her after the conclusion of the three month temp restraining order.. the judge will then order a permanent 5 year restraining order. Is this possible? If i contact her in a respectful way, not harassing or threatening ( no threats or violence have ever occured anyway ), simply to see about reconciliation, why would the court issue any further restraining orders? Im not planning on harassing her or sending her a million emails or phone calls. Im talking about just calling her once or sending her an email and seeing if she is willing to talk.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca

I live in Sacramento CA. I was recently served a temp 3 month restraining order by a judge in the Sac superior court. There was not really much of a basis for a restraining order so the judge only went with a continuation of the temp order for three months. After that time, I will be free to contact my ex HOWEVER, The court bailiff indicated in the hall outside of the court as he was handing me the new temp order that if i contact her after the conclusion of the three month temp restraining order.. the judge will then order a permanent 5 year restraining order. Is this possible? If i contact her in a respectful way, not harassing or threatening ( no threats or violence have ever occured anyway ), simply to see about reconciliation, why would the court issue any further restraining orders? Im not planning on harassing her or sending her a million emails or phone calls. Im talking about just calling her once or sending her an email and seeing if she is willing to talk.

Dude, it seems quite obvious that she wants NO contact.

Why not leave it at that? :confused:

CdwJava

I live in Sacramento CA. I was recently served a temp 3 month restraining order by a judge in the Sac superior court.
Do you also have a ending court date? These temporary orders should be accompanied by a date for a hearing ... though three months seems an awfully long period of time until the hearing.

There was not really much of a basis for a restraining order so the judge only went with a continuation of the temp order for three months.
So, the three month "extension" is what the judge decided AFTER the hearing? Very odd ...

After that time, I will be free to contact my ex HOWEVER, The court bailiff indicated in the hall outside of the court as he was handing me the new temp order that if i contact her after the conclusion of the three month temp restraining order.. the judge will then order a permanent 5 year restraining order. Is this possible?
If she requests a new order, sure.

If she does not want to talk to you, see you, or have contact from you in any way, then don't.

Hot Topic

A woman who wants to reconcile with someone she once felt she needed a restraining order against is out of her mind. If you respected her, she wouldn't have felt the need to apply for one.

davew128

A woman who wants to reconcile with someone she once felt she needed a restraining order against is out of her mind. If you respected her, she wouldn't have felt the need to apply for one.
What makes you think he did something wrong to warrant it? There is more than a minor chance that the woman did it for some reason other than being abused in some sort.

mistoffolees

What makes you think he did something wrong to warrant it? There is more than a minor chance that the woman did it for some reason other than being abused in some sort.
It doesn't matter. She doesn't want anything to do with him, so he should just stay away.

dmcc10880

The order was for 3 months. That's it. If she wants to modify the order, she can. Typically an RO in CA is for 3 years, not 5.

Regardless, move on, don't contact her. Remember, she asked for the TRO. There's a reason for that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">