• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Text message complaint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdMN

I am married man from Minnesota living with my wife happily. I have back pain. I visited chiropractic 3 times 6 months ago. In my last family doctor visit, my doctor recommended me to get massage and see if that ease my back pain. I looked on gorupon for a good deal and I found a deal for deep tissue massage at the beginning of this December. I contacted the provider for their schedule and possible appointment and left voice message.

The female provider replied via text message their website address for schedule and appointment. I called on phone again for help since I was not able to figure out how to look at schedule and process for appointment in their website. I was directed via phone call and text message.

I have never done body massage in my life and I am shy guy. I have seen massage being done in mall or in other parlor where other customers could see that. Therefore, I asked the provider if the massage is private. She asked me what do I meant. I said a private massage and said if she knows what I meant. She asked me if I meant to come over my home and if it is a home massage and if I looking for more than a massage. I said Yes for home massage, but I didn't know she could do that and did not get what she meant when she said more than a massage. I thought we were having misunderstanding while texting. She said No and asked me to return my coupon to groupon. I was little confused as why she said so. I said Ok and sure.
Further, I went and asked her if she know anyone who would do such massage. She said No. And I replied OK. Thank you.

I didn't know my words could create any issue until on same week Saturday, when I received a call from Police Officer. The Officer said that there was a complaint from massage provider against my telephone number and he wanted to confirm with me if I contacted the female person over phone and text. I said Yes to officer and explained in detail the purpose for a call and text messages. I also explained that there may have been misunderstanding between us and I am willing to say sorry to her. But the Officer told me not to contact the provider in future and return my coupon. I said OK. The Office said this is not criminal crime and they are not looking to prosecute me at this time. He did take my personal information like Fullname, address, DOB and told me that they will put that information in their system. For the record, I have never been contacted by any police office in my 30 years life. This is the first time I was contacted for a such complaint.

Now, I don't know what are possible issue that could come up in future for me. I don't know what type of complaint was that and I don't know how long that complaint will stay in my record. Please advice and suggest me to understand this complaint better and possible outcome in future.

Thanks, all

Tom

Last edited:

mmmagique

You knew exactly what you were asking for, so did the masseuse, and so did the police officer. You'll be lucky if you can convince your wife who loves you and wants to believe you, otherwise.

If you continue asking for such things you could be charged with soliciting prostitution.

ColdMN

You knew exactly what you were asking for, so did the masseuse, and so did the police officer. You'll be lucky if you can convince your wife who loves you and wants to believe you, otherwise.

If you continue asking for such things you could be charged with soliciting prostitution.
Thanks mmmagique for your heads up.

I did explain to my wife about the case and situation. She was also aware of that fact that I need a massage for my back pain. Like I said there may have been misunderstanding but I am not here to convince anyone what I did is innocent. I just like to know what the expert here thinks the complaint is about and what are the future consequences. I am looking for a new job currently although I am full time employee. I want to change my job. Is there any way that I can clear my record. I really appreciate serious and expert advice.

Thanks,
Tom

quincy

I suggest you ask your doctor for recommendations for reputable masseuses in your area and visit their locations to see if they are set up in a way that guarantees privacy for you (and safety for them). Or have your wife call for an appointment for you and have her go with you.

Texts can often be misunderstood but I probably would have taken your text the same way the provider you contacted did. There are better ways to say what you wanted - like explaining to the provider how you were reluctant to have a bunch of people in a mall watching you.

Unless the police arrested you, you have no record.

OHRoadwarrior

Many rehab places have massage therapists on staff for exactly this purpose. Well one of the purposes. For the other you need to go to Canada or Nevada.

single317dad

I'm not surprised that someone hasn't heard of or didn't understand the concept of a "happy ending". I know people who are surprised to hear of it.

When you ask your doctor for a recommendation, maybe you should request a male masseuse to at least somewhat alleviate the concerns.

ColdMN

I suggest you ask your doctor for recommendations for reputable masseuses in your area and visit their locations to see if they are set up in a way that guarantees privacy for you (and safety for them). Or have your wife call for an appointment for you and have her go with you.

Texts can often be misunderstood but I probably would have taken your text the same way the provider you contacted did. There are better ways to say what you wanted - like explaining to the provider how you were reluctant to have a bunch of people in a mall watching you.

Unless the police arrested you, you have no record.
Thanks Quincy for your suggestion and information. The other day I asked the Officer about the record and he said the record will show up only if I am applying for Government job or security jobs during background check. I didn't understand that if this is not a crime then why would that record would show up in my record.

quincy

Thanks Quincy for your suggestion and information. The other day I asked the Officer about the record and he said the record will show up only if I am applying for Government job or security jobs during background check. I didn't understand that if this is not a crime then why would that record would show up in my record.
I don't understand the officer's comment either.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'd say that, with the level of OP's English - he likel y did NOT know where he was going. Not that it will help.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
OP, if by "private" you mean that it will be done in a room alone with just you, the masseuse, and no other people looking at you, if the spa is at all reputable yes, it will be.

The masseuse was probably confused by your question because it never occurred to her that you would think it to be otherwise.

ColdMN

Thanks everyone for your personal advices and information. I was here to hear an expert or legal advices rather. I will close this thread as I think I am not getting expert legal advices in this thread.

Thanks and good night all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">