• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TWIC Card

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justfeduptoday

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
My Q is my X is going to have a misdemeanor charge after the domestic violence issue and I just want to know will they yank his TWIC card with a misdemeanor charge. I tried to find out on the TWIC web site but all I could see were felony charges are an automatic revokation of the card. Does anyone out there know?:confused:

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
My Q is my X is going to have a misdemeanor charge after the domestic violence issue and I just want to know will they yank his TWIC card with a misdemeanor charge. I tried to find out on the TWIC web site but all I could see were felony charges are an automatic revokation of the card. Does anyone out there know?:confused:
You could always call and ask.

(see if this helps in the meantime: Powered by Google Docs)

dad43

i have a twic card(i work offshore), and i work with several men who have misdemeanors, for various reasons...and they're still getting their twic cards...why isn't he asking this? especially since he's your EX...are you hoping that it will be revoked? felonies can PREVENT you from getting a TWIC card...BUT, depending on the felony, a card can still be issued...but it more or less has to be a lesser charge...idk what they'd be, that is just what our boss told us. which was funny, b/c our company doesn't hire felons, in the 1st place...

Proserpina

i have a twic card(i work offshore), and i work with several men who have misdemeanors, for various reasons...and they're still getting their twic cards...why isn't he asking this? especially since he's your EX...are you hoping that it will be revoked? felonies can PREVENT you from getting a TWIC card...BUT, depending on the felony, a card can still be issued...but it more or less has to be a lesser charge...idk what they'd be, that is just what our boss told us. which was funny, b/c our company doesn't hire felons, in the 1st place...
Ah..but a felony may be committed after the person is hired. And as we can see (from that linky thing provided earlier) that waivers can be obtained.

I'm not entirely sure exactly why OP needs to know this - I'm hoping it's not for the reason you mention (that OP is hoping it will be revoked - because that'd just be plain old vindictive) but we just don't know.

LdiJ

Ah..but a felony may be committed after the person is hired. And as we can see (from that linky thing provided earlier) that waivers can be obtained.

I'm not entirely sure exactly why OP needs to know this - I'm hoping it's not for the reason you mention (that OP is hoping it will be revoked - because that'd just be plain old vindictive) but we just don't know.
And possibly self defeating as well...depending on the circumstances.

Proserpina

And possibly self defeating as well...depending on the circumstances.
There's that too, yeap - I know we don't have details but it stands to reason that if Dad has no income, Dad isn't able to pay child support and/or spousal support.

justfeduptoday

I don't want them to take his TWIC card away, because as you stated then there won't be any child support. But I don't want him telling everyone in his family that I am the reason he can't work. I did try to call but its hard to get an answer out of those people. So far as what you all have said they shouldn't take it away unless itd a felony. Good that's what I thought.

Thanks for your help

Proserpina

I don't want them to take his TWIC card away, because as you stated then there won't be any child support. But I don't want him telling everyone in his family that I am the reason he can't work. I did try to call but its hard to get an answer out of those people. So far as what you all have said they shouldn't take it away unless itd a felony. Good that's what I thought.

Thanks for your help
You're welcome :)

Even if it is a felony though, he may be able to obtain a waiver.

At the end of the day, he's going to tell them whatever he wants to tell them and - human nature being what it is - he'll perhaps be more inclined to paint you in a bad light if it means he's saving face.

You can't avoid that unfortunately. Keep your dignity and let 'em think what they want. They're going to anyway, y'know?

dad43

yeah i knew about the waiver, i was nore or less going by MY companies thing...that's why i said it varies on the felony...

OP, depending on his job, he can still work without the twic card...here in houston, they're mainly for gov't personel, offshore personel, and port authority contractors/employees...more or less anyone who can commit a terroristic act(well anyone can, i mean a place where it'd make a $ difference)

i was hoping it wasn't that she hoped it'd be revoked...that'd suck, b/c it could be in his line of work, no matter the CO they could require a TWIC, which means he'd HAVE to take a lesser paying job...but again, it'd be his fault...how do you get felonistic domestic violence?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">