• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two years later and still being followed/threatened. Will I ever be safe?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sammielane92

My father has spent the past two years threatening my life, paying people to follow me, and sending others to harass me at multiple jobs. This is all following an act of physical violence and death threats against me, which I have photographic evidence of. I also have a witness who can testify to the threats made and the occasions I was followed. I've moved four or five times in the past two years to try and get away, but he always finds me. Two different states, and five different cities haven't been enough to throw him off of my trail. I feel powerless to stop him, and now spend as much time locked in my house as I can because I am afraid of what may be waiting for me outside.

At this point he hasn't just cost me my sense of security, but his harassment forced me to leave everything behind so I could get away from him to feel safe. It has cost me all the scholarship money I earned to get through school, and now grants I was receiving are loans that have ruined my credit. I cannot re-enroll in any college program because of the outstanding balance left on my previous school's accounts due to revoking those scholarships.

I was unable to collect any of my belongings before leaving town because he had placed someone outside of my apartment just minutes after the physical violence incident at that residence to watch for me to return. So, I was forced to leave town with nothing at all.

My car was still being paid for against a joint loan he and I were equal powers for. He somehow was able to remove my name from the loan, robbing me of my rights listed in the loan terms and sold the car for profit. I paid all payments towards the vehicle and have copies of all checks written for those payments, yet he was able to sell the car without my consent.

He and my mother have also spent the past two years spreading terrible lies about me and concealing the threats made against my life and the constant hunt for me without opposition. I was unable to reach out for help or protection because their slander against me made people refuse to see or speak to me. They were able to baracade me from accessing all resources I could have used to protect myself. They also tried to file a missing persons report for me, which I was able to keep from materializing by calling the police station and explaining that I was not missing, I just did not want to be found.

Is there nothing I can legally do about any of these things? Even one legal action I could take against them would at least give me a small peace of mind. I was sure this would eventually die off, and I could go on with my life, but at this point I'm panicked. He hasn't let up in two years, now I question if he will stop at nothing just to keep me from ever feeling safe again.

What is my best course of legal action for any or all of these situations?

What evidence would I need to solidify any action I may be able to take?

Is there anything I can do to get some sort of compensation for the scholarship money or possessions taken from me?

Is a restraining order enough to keep him from sending other people to follow me, or is that not worth spending time to get put in place?

Is there any hope for gaining protection for myself or does he just get to keep harassing me for the rest of my life?

Please help.

Just Blue

my father has spent the past two years threatening my life, paying people to follow me, and sending others to harass me at multiple jobs. This is all following an act of physical violence and death threats against me, which i have photographic evidence of. I also have a witness who can testify to the threats made and the occasions i was followed. I've moved four or five times in the past two years to try and get away, but he always finds me. Two different states, and five different cities haven't been enough to throw him off of my trail. I feel powerless to stop him, and now spend as much time locked in my house as i can because i am afraid of what may be waiting for me outside.

At this point he hasn't just cost me my sense of security, but his harassment forced me to leave everything behind so i could get away from him to feel safe. It has cost me all the scholarship money i earned to get through school, and now grants i was receiving are loans that have ruined my credit. I cannot re-enroll in any college program because of the outstanding balance left on my previous school's accounts due to revoking those scholarships.

I was unable to collect any of my belongings before leaving town because he had placed someone outside of my apartment just minutes after the physical violence incident at that residence to watch for me to return. So, i was forced to leave town with nothing at all.

My car was still being paid for against a joint loan he and i were equal powers for. He somehow was able to remove my name from the loan, robbing me of my rights listed in the loan terms and sold the car for profit. I paid all payments towards the vehicle and have copies of all checks written for those payments, yet he was able to sell the car without my consent.

He and my mother have also spent the past two years spreading terrible lies about me and concealing the threats made against my life and the constant hunt for me without opposition. I was unable to reach out for help or protection because their slander against me made people refuse to see or speak to me. They were able to baracade me from accessing all resources i could have used to protect myself. They also tried to file a missing persons report for me, which i was able to keep from materializing by calling the police station and explaining that i was not missing, i just did not want to be found.

Is there nothing i can legally do about any of these things? Even one legal action i could take against them would at least give me a small peace of mind. I was sure this would eventually die off, and i could go on with my life, but at this point i'm panicked. He hasn't let up in two years, now i question if he will stop at nothing just to keep me from ever feeling safe again.

What evidence would i need to solidify any action i may be able to take?

Is there anything i can do to get some sort of compensation for the scholarship money or possessions taken from me?

Is a restraining order enough to keep him from sending other people to follow me, or is that not worth spending time to get put in place?

Is there any hope for gaining protection for myself or does he just get to keep harassing me for the rest of my life?

Please help.
us law only.

LdiJ

My father has spent the past two years threatening my life, paying people to follow me, and sending others to harass me at multiple jobs. This is all following an act of physical violence and death threats against me, which I have photographic evidence of. I also have a witness who can testify to the threats made and the occasions I was followed. I've moved four or five times in the past two years to try and get away, but he always finds me. Two different states, and five different cities haven't been enough to throw him off of my trail. I feel powerless to stop him, and now spend as much time locked in my house as I can because I am afraid of what may be waiting for me outside.

At this point he hasn't just cost me my sense of security, but his harassment forced me to leave everything behind so I could get away from him to feel safe. It has cost me all the scholarship money I earned to get through school, and now grants I was receiving are loans that have ruined my credit. I cannot re-enroll in any college program because of the outstanding balance left on my previous school's accounts due to revoking those scholarships.

I was unable to collect any of my belongings before leaving town because he had placed someone outside of my apartment just minutes after the physical violence incident at that residence to watch for me to return. So, I was forced to leave town with nothing at all.

My car was still being paid for against a joint loan he and I were equal powers for. He somehow was able to remove my name from the loan, robbing me of my rights listed in the loan terms and sold the car for profit. I paid all payments towards the vehicle and have copies of all checks written for those payments, yet he was able to sell the car without my consent.

He and my mother have also spent the past two years spreading terrible lies about me and concealing the threats made against my life and the constant hunt for me without opposition. I was unable to reach out for help or protection because their slander against me made people refuse to see or speak to me. They were able to baracade me from accessing all resources I could have used to protect myself. They also tried to file a missing persons report for me, which I was able to keep from materializing by calling the police station and explaining that I was not missing, I just did not want to be found.

Is there nothing I can legally do about any of these things? Even one legal action I could take against them would at least give me a small peace of mind. I was sure this would eventually die off, and I could go on with my life, but at this point I'm panicked. He hasn't let up in two years, now I question if he will stop at nothing just to keep me from ever feeling safe again.

What evidence would I need to solidify any action I may be able to take?

Is there anything I can do to get some sort of compensation for the scholarship money or possessions taken from me?

Please help.
This forum is for US law only. You didn't answer the question about what state you were located in...if you are not in the US and/or you do not answer that question, we cannot help you.

BL

Two different states, and five different cities haven't been enough to throw him off of my trail.
Tells me in the State's but as was ask which one now?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Did you ever call the police?

And why are both of your psrents against you? What is the rest of the story?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">