• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unclear on what to do now.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFMedic351

What is the name of your state? PA

Ok, here it is the entire story and I need some help on what to do next.

Ok so here is the situation. My ex g/f put a PFA on me on Jan 15, 06. I violated it; went to court on Feb 22, 06 and plead out to extend it to 18 months and drop the contempt charges. On Feb 23, I sent her two text messages, asking for help because I was thinking about suicide. On the 24th; I sent one asking for help again. Since the, I have gotten help and am currently seeking help as well. On Wednesday, I got a call from the Northampton PD stating I needed to come in to talk to them. I asked if I was being arrested. They said there was a warrant for my arrest yes. I then talked to the officer on the phone, and he agreed for me to come in the next day. I turned myself in; was arragined before the DJ and was ROR; per the PD's suggestion to the judge. Hearing date was March 15; she did not show up. I agreed to a suspended sentence for 30 days. The next day she called; we talked; we have since then gotten back together and everything is good between us. We are now engaged to get married. She filed a motion to vacate the PFA; exact copy is below, names / address's have been taken out though.

AND NOW, this __day of_________, 2006, I, Name Plaintiff, being of the
belief that I am no longer in danger from the Defendant, and that I am no longer in need of protection from him/her, do hereby request that the final Order entered in this matter on the 15th day of March, 2006 be vacated and that the Petition filed in this matter by me be marked as withdrawn.

Dated this ____ day of , 2006

We filed this, got notice from the courts saying that we have to go to court, April 5th, we went to court, saw the same judge as before, he dismissed the petition, I believe he did not understand it was a petition to vacate and not to obtain a new PFA; the DA originally said it was a attempt to obtain a new one, and then said it was to vacate and stated that no more petition's can be filed.

So we are now SOL until August when the PFA is dropped. Can we refile or did we not file enough info or do we appeal and what do we do? We copied the above text from the site, PABulletin.com which said thats what you need to vacate a PFA.

Any help is much appreciated and needed. We really need to get rid of this so we can get married.

Jocelyn & Chas

weenor

When a relationship gets to the point where this kind of crap is even contemplated or filed..its a bad one...start saving up for the divorce lawyer, because you'll need someone down the road...does anyone ever step back and look at the BIG picture??

S

shell007

Unbelievable!!!

Right in the middle of all of the crap...they get engaged????:confused:

Good God...PLEASE STOP THE INSANITY AND THE MADNESS!!!

Just Blue

weenor said:
When a relationship gets to the point where this kind of crap is even contemplated or filed..its a bad one...start saving up for the divorce lawyer, because you'll need someone down the road...does anyone ever step back and look at the BIG picture??

Nope!! When your in it...you just aren't thinking clearly...But they will someday...just hope they don't bring children into the mess...:(

S

shell007

baystategirl said:
Nope!! When your in it...you just aren't thinking clearly...But they will someday...just hope they don't bring children into the mess...:(
Ya know darn well they will! It only takes that one night, full of "I'm sorry....I LOVE YOU", and BAM...the tax payers step up to the plate to foot the billl AGAIN!!! :( :( :(

For all you other people it's there life and they can live it the way they want to.

Some times you have to wait so many months before you can even try to do what you guys tried to do and sometimes you just get one of those Judges that get sick and tired of seeing the some old crap over and over again.

Just Blue

tphillips357 said:
For all you other people it's there life and they can live it the way they want to.

Some times you have to wait so many months before you can even try to do what you guys tried to do and sometimes you just get one of those Judges that get sick and tired of seeing the some old crap over and over again.

tphillips...Is English your second language?

Shay-Pari'e

baystategirl said:
phillips357
Member Join Date: Mar 2006

Mother of my child moved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

The mother of my son moved from Kentucky to Indiana but had child support ordered here in Kentucky. When she was living here in Kentucky she was getting a check from the state for support since I'm unable to work due to seizures and have filed for SSD. I was wondering since she moved more then 8 months ago if she's suppose to file for support in Indiana now and drop the case in Kentucky since her and my son live in Indiana now. Since she is now making threats to take me back to court in Kentucky since I'm unable to buy him clothes and give her money.

Yet he is capeable of giving really bad advice on this forum.:rolleyes:

ceara19

baystategirl said:
Don't you realize that he's writing that way because of that one time when that person first did that one thing and then turned around and did it again which messed up that other thing they were doing? ;)

Just Blue

ceara19 said:
Don't you realize that he's writing that way because of that one time when that person first did that one thing and then turned around and did it again which messed up that other thing they were doing? ;)

:confused: :eek: :( :p **************...LMAO!!

CdwJava

Of course, the couple that has gotten back together are violating the original protective order and someone risks going to jail so they can be together.

I never cease to be amazed at how many people do that.

- Carl

erosePA

PFA's are a joke in my opinion but only because bull ones are filed so much and they consume so much of judges time real cases were peoples lives are trully at stake are unable to get any protection from them. one day you may really need that piece of paper work in order to obtain some type of protection and regret ever filing a PFA out of vengence or anger. This is a court and just because you think the other party needs a fix for hurting your feelings or what not you only pay in the long run by abusing the system. PFA means PROTECTION FROM ABUSE.... NOT PLEASE FULFILL MY ANGER>L

Shay-Pari'e

erosePA said:
PFA's are a joke in my opinion but only because bull ones are filed so much and they consume so much of judges time real cases were peoples lives are trully at stake are unable to get any protection from them. one day you may really need that piece of paper work in order to obtain some type of protection and regret ever filing a PFA out of vengence or anger. This is a court and just because you think the other party needs a fix for hurting your feelings or what not you only pay in the long run by abusing the system. PFA means PROTECTION FROM ABUSE.... NOT PLEASE FULFILL MY ANGER>L

What's a joke is, ......is that you couldn't make it to your hearing on time, and you didn't bother to appeal yours.

Do you think you could stop bringing up old post's?

erosePA

Shay-Pari'e said:
erosePA said:

What's a joke is, ......is that you couldn't make it to your hearing on time, and you didn't bother to appeal yours.

Do you think you could stop bringing up old post's?
Something in the smog in CA must really make you people a bunch of opinonated idots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">