• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vailica

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vailica

:( What is the differnce between a restraining order and a stay away order? I hit my spouse and was charged as domestic viloence but it was'nt what it seemed.The court but a stay away order on me but we stay together im trying to no will i go to jail for being around my spouse period or only if my spouse call the police saying im harming her,Do to the fact i have to wait for my court date and that can be months from now?

CdwJava

What state are you in?

And what does the order actually say? If the order says you must stay away from her, you can call it whatever you like, but you have heed the order. If it says stay away, then you stay away or risk going to jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">