• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Varonica2009

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vailica

What is the name of your state (FL)? :( What is the differnce between a restraining order and a stay away order? I hit my spouse and was charged as domestic viloence but it was'nt what it seemed.The court but a stay away order on me but we stay together im trying to no will i go to jail for being around my spouse period or only if my spouse call the police saying im harming her,Do to the fact i have to wait for my court date and that can be months from now?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (FL)? :( What is the differnce between a restraining order and a stay away order? I hit my spouse and was charged as domestic viloence but it was'nt what it seemed.The court but a stay away order on me but we stay together im trying to no will i go to jail for being around my spouse period or only if my spouse call the police saying im harming her,Do to the fact i have to wait for my court date and that can be months from now?
You've been ordered to stay away...it's not a suggestion or an idea, it's a court ORDER.

Why aren't you complying?

Gracie3787

There isn't any difference between the 2, it's just what that particular Judge has decided how to word the order.

What is the EXACT wording of the court order?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">